Chapter 35

"I want to talk to my mother."

"Now is this the way to talk? Be more polite dearest." He said smugly and at that time, Nadiya felt like squishing that face of his that looks almost exactly like hers!

"Please let me talk to my mother." She said with gritted teeth. She only obliged so he wouldn't refuse her, not in the name of respect as she has nothing like respect for this man. Her mother must be so worried about her. It's been two days now and she wondered whether all her people are alright. Well, how could they be when she's kidnapped and there must've not been any traces of her. This place looks so good to be a kidnap zone. They do it in a way that nobody will suspect them, let alone come into the house. Her only prayer is if at all nobody could find her whereabout, God should help her escape from here, and soon.

"Good girl!" His voice resumed her back to their conversation. She's desperate and he's still making it a joke. She wondered if he has a heart.

"Hey Philip, get me the phone." He ordered and as soon as possible, Nadiya's iphone X—whose screen is now broken—was brought to her and she quickly snatched it away from her father before dialling her mother's number agitatedly. Her father shrugged before sitting on a chair with crossed legs, ready to listen to the mother-daughter conversation. He knows he's taking huge risks by not getting rid of the phone as it could be tracked, but then, is it an emotional wrecking mother would think of tracking the phone after ending her daughter's call who has been kidnapped? Well no. For all he could remember, Hadiya isn't someone who is as smart as doing that.

Nadiya is eagerly waiting for her mother to pick the call that at this point, she's already in tears. This is the chance she has to hear her mother's voice because she's not sure her father would let her talk to her again. It took her time to pray silently before asking him because she knows he might refuse. Now, loosing this chance means she will forever be kept here, away from her family and friends, which in all honesty, she's not ready for. Just as she's about to end the call and probably cry her heart out, she picked.

"Nadiya my child?" Her mother called softly, as if unsure that she's actually the one.

"Mama!" She bursts into sobs and that's as if what her mother needed to also cry.

"My dear it's really you! You're with that despicable man right?! Is he taking care of you? Did he say anything to you? Tell me what he's doing to you." Her mother bursts hoarsely as she's in tears.

"I want to get out of here! I miss you so much Mama."

"I miss you too my baby. You'll come back to us soon dear, the police are searching for you. Everyone is worried. I knew your father took you, I told Zaliha about it and she said she'd help bring you back, all your friends included as they're so worried about you..." Her mother keep talking and the more she talks, the more tears Nadiya sheds.

Her friends?

"Mama, Zaliha and who?" She couldn't help the curiosity in her.

"She didn't tell me, she only said her friends requested her presence to discuss and bring solutions on your missing. Don't worry dear, we're all with you and are trying our best to make sure you're back. Just be patient okay?"

"Yes Mama, tell everyone I miss them and—"

"That's enough now! Let me also have the pleasure to talk to her as well." He snatched the phone from Nadiya while grinning.

"Hello? Nadiya? Nadiya my child?" Immediately he placed the phone in his ear and hears his wife's voice, his expression instantly changed cold but at the same time, happy so he could bug her.