Chapter 43

The next day, Nadiya and Zaliha planned on going shopping for their wedding. Their cousins would be escorting them to make the best choices of how they'd look on their wedding events day, every little thing they'd wear on that day is going to be shopped today, hopefully it matches with their tastes. Nadiya told Zaliha she'd be going with the car in the house rather than telling Umar to take her there. The reason was because he talked about being busy with work, so she doesn't want to inconvenience him. Zaliha agreed and said she wouldn't also call Abubakr for the same reason. So they'd all go with the car in their separate houses. Zaliha could finally drive now, so it's more easier.

Right now, they're on their way to the shopping mall that's twenty minutes drive to their homes and they believed it contained pretty good things they'd love and purchase.

"Wow Nadiya I love the way you're rocking this car! Who taught you how to drive by the way?" Hafsah asked excitedly by her side. She had connected the car's bluetooth to her phone and is doing the work of a DJ for them.

"Yes Nadiya, who?" Yasmin asked from the backseat.

Nadiya chuckled before replying. "It's Aunty A'ee. She helped by hiring someone to help me learn how to drive. I was moody back then when I came to her house and she slowly turned me back to who I was and I couldn't repay her for what she did to me." She smiled, recalling her past at the same time cleaning the tears that threatened to come out of her eyes, not making it obvious though.

"I like her too. She's always backing me up from my mom's anger." Halima said and they bursted into laughter.

"Aw it's so sweet you guys are saying nice things about your aunt and no insults!" Khadijah who'd been quiet said out of the blue and they laughed.

"If I hadn't recognized your voice, I would've thought you're not referring to your own mother!" Hafsah and the rest chuckled, Khadijah couldn't help but chortle as well.

"Hafsah please change the music, I don't like this one." Halimah uttered and others agreed. Hafsah is playing foreign musics to them which they couldn't even comprehend what it meant or repeat after, but she was loving it that she was excitedly singing it.

"Okay!" She replied with a laugh and Nadiya shook her head with a small grin. Hafsah hasn't changed at all!

She changed the song from a Brazilian song to a Nigerian song by Burna Boy and they all began to sing it loudly.

"...Memories, oh, carry me go.
Carry me go, oh, nowhere.
Sick and tired of it all take me far-away...
Mr dj gbemi traba ye.
Now I no fit trust anybody, na e make I no fit shout. My body don dey tire eh. Make me mara eh,
when my whole world is set on fire don't leave me alone..."

They've finally reached their destination and Nadiya found a space in the parking lot and parked the car, making everyone to come out of the car. They spotted Zaliha coming as well, with a white Camry, her mother's. Nadiya smiled proudly seeing her friend finally able to drive and it was all because of her!

They alighted from the car and came towards Nadiya and her cousins, and greetings began. Nadiya and Zaiha hugged, then Zaliha made the move of hugging  Khadijah who outstretched her hands excitedly for it.

"How are you?" Zaliha asked.

"I'm good. How about you?" Khadijah enquired and Zaliha gave a positive reply with a smile. They all exchanged pleasantries before Nadiya finally cut it off.

"Alright everyone, let's go in." Nadiya announced and all ten of them walked to the mall excitedly.

***