Chapter 41

Saturdays are said to be boring and makes you restless. But this particular one was full of positive energy and vibes with happiness everywhere. Everyone came back home with joy like they've achieved an important thing in their life. After Hikmah gave Nadiya a call about the outing they were to go to, Nadiya was more than happy to join them that she requested if Zaliha could come as well. Hikmah didn't mind and said she could tag along. Hikmah called her best friend Khadijah as well and informed her. Khadijah wasn't at all in the mood to go out and she so confessed but Hikmah had to beg that she should please come and it's going to be fun and that she'd be upset if she doesn't come with them. She agreed after she heard that, not wanting to make her best friend sad.

Umar called Abubakr as well and he was so pleased to hear that Zaliha would join too and immediately said he'd come. Hikmah said she was driving them there and Fawaz and Umar didn't even argue as they knew they wouldn't win against her.

They all met and hung out together, those who never knew each other got to know one another by introduction. Like Hikmah introduced Fawaz to everyone there and gave him a sign by winking when she was about to introduce him to Nadiya. He got the message that she must be Umar's lady and that almost made him over exaggerated when conversing with her, making Umar suspicious of his sister who must be behind the sudden change of atmosphere.

Hikmah tried all she could to bring back Khadijah's mood and she finally succeeded because Khadijah gave in to the atmosphere and enjoyed her time by chatting and laughing nonstop.

Abubakr couldn't stop staring at Zaliha who was acting like she wasn't looking at him as well. It was like they were sending each other a message, nonverbally but with gestures. Umar noticed and laughed mentally, amazed that he was doing the same too, just that his wasn't as secretive as theirs because they were conversing with each other amongst others.

They had their ice-creams, each ordered their tastes and the girls made videos and pictures of them holding their ice cream cones but the dudes didn't join them even when the girls pressed. They said it's too girlish and not manly like. Even while they said that, the girls took pictures and videos of them without their knowledge.

All in all, they enjoyed themselves and every bit of activity, that they wished the day never ended as it was seen as a fantastic one. They left at the same time. Since Umar and Fawaz came together in the same car with Hikmah, they headed there while Nadiya came with her Aunt's car and picked Zaliha on her way there since she didn't know about it. She had to wait for Zaliha to get dressed while she went to her house and then they left together. Khadijah came alone with a driver and though she saw Nadiya leaving and knew where she was going to since Hikmah told her, she couldn't tell her that she wanted to go with her. She felt rather awkward, especially because of how she was behaving lately that was why she chose to go there with a driver.

Examination came quite quickly after that. Everyone and everywhere went serious as some isolated themselves in order to read, while others had a group reading and read even harder. Communications, especially phone calls amongst others was low during examination period every time and this time wasn't different but the same as every other times or even more.

It was the last semester of the session before the upcoming ones to some, while this particular semester was the last to some, like Umar and his friends. They're about to wrap it all up immediately they're done with this current exams. It felt like a dream, they were all very excited about it. Though a part of Umar felt sad because Nadiya is still yet to be done and he wouldn't be able to tutor her again while he's gone or see her often. He knew it was time and she'd also be done one day, just like he believed as well. He wished them all well though.