Chapter 24

Eid Mubarak dear readers!🎉💕
May Allah SWT spare our lives to witness more and more of Eid In Sha Allah!☺️

*~*

Next morning which happens to be
Weekend, the children are at home, not having any class, neither are the parents off to work. Technically, today is house full day.

The family woke up around 11:00am because apparently, they stayed all night chatting that even when Alhaji Buba wanted to sleep because he was exhausted, Hikmah didn't let him. They ate their breakfast and by then it was 1, so they all prayed for Zuhr and the parents went back to bed but Hikmah and Umar remained in the parlour, chatting.

"Ugh Saturdays are always boring!" Hikmah uttered with a groan.

"Well you should be glad you're home, resting. You would've been in school now if we are in a weekday." Umar said.

"Yeah true." She nodded thoughtfully. Then suddenly like someone who's been beaten by an ant, she quickly jumped up from the couch she was sitting on and headed to her room straight.

"Hikmah, what... where are you..." She didn't wait to hear what he has to say before leaving. He sighed and shook his hands whilst resuming back to his phone. He's studying on his phone.

She came back shortly with her phone on her hand, probably the reason why she left the living room in the first place. Like nothing happened, she calmly sat back on the couch she was once seated on.

"Hikmah, what happened that you rushed out earlier?" He asked curiously and she gave him a mischievous smile which Umar finds suspicious, but he didn't want to drag it, so he let the conversation slip.

"You know what? Never mind. I don't even want to hear, I know it's useless." He said and to his surprise, she laughed.

"Trust me, you will love to hear what I will say right now." She said, flipping her phone every now and then.

"No I won't. Just go away." He shooed her from the parlour. She is really disturbing him and he's busy right now.

"Okay I will go but first, look at this..." She brought her phone and showed him a picture right close to his face. At first, he was shoving the phone away but the moment he glanced at the phone, he didn't know when he snatched the phone from her hand and starts watching the view.

"Hikmah, where?!... how?!!..." He stuttered, unable to keep his astonishment.

She let out a chortle out of amusement and said, "That's it! I knew she was the same Nadiya you were talking about. Ah, I figured it out at last!" She let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh my God, I don't even know what to say, I'm totally speechless!" He uttered, eyes still on the screen.

"Trust me, I expected such reaction from you the moment I decide to show you the picture." She chortled.

"But how on earth did you find out she's the one and where did you guys meet that you even took pictures? Were you that friendly with each other? If yes, why did you inform me that you didn't know her?!" He asked in one breathe. Hikmah could swear she's never seen him talk like that.

"Wow! Is that how love makes one to talk so much? This love shall reach us too one day." She said, feigning to be in thought.

"Will you answer me already?" He said, irritatedly.

"Alright fine. I didn't know she's the one like I said before and you remember when I said I have a friend who has a cousin called Nadiya? Well I went to her house today and I met the said cousin, Nadiya. So we bonded and when I was about to leave, I decided to take a picture with her so I could show you to confirm if she's really the one. So here we are, I showed you the picture and yay, she's the one, your Nadiya." She squealed at the end.