Chapter 21

"Zaliha?!" Ahmad called, still looking shocked. Zaliha, who is talking to Khadijah turned to find out who is it that is calling her. She turned but soon regretted, as the man standing in her front is the last person she would like to see. Why is he here? She thought with shock.

However as she stood there looking at the person, finding it hard to utter a word, also wondering what to do, she heard a hoarse voice beside her which made her shudder.

"What's going on here?" Khadijah asked and Zaliha quickly averted her gaze while Ahmad remained shocked.

"Zaliha, do you know this man somewhere?" Nadiya asked, confused at her friend's reaction  upon seeing the man.

"What are you doing here?" Zaliha directed her question to Ahmad with a stern look, who finally regained his senses and is now looking softer than before.

"Zaliha, how did you know him?" Khadijah curiously asked.

"Answer me Ahmad, what are you doing here? Are you here to break my heart yet again? If that's why you're here then get out because I'm not going to listen to you!" She spat and both Khadijah and Nadiya gasped.

Realisation dawn on Nadiya about the man, who is the same Ahmad Zaliha has been talking about then. The one she always teased her about. The person she's always happy to be with. The same Ahmad; her boyfriend.

But Khadijah however kept getting confused about the whole situation that the only thing in her mind is the exact question Zaliha directed to him.

"Zaliha, listen to me please. I'm sorry for everything. Please forgive me Zaliha." He pleaded, forgetting the fact that someone who loves him and who he equally love, is standing right in there with wide eyes.

"You're not sorry! You're not! I don't want any drama so please leave." She said, massaging her temples out of frustration.

"Zaliha will you calm down please?" Nadiya spoke while rubbing her back and making her sit.

"Nadiya you have no idea what this man said to me." She said whereas giving him a disgusting look.

"What did he say to you?" Nadiya asked softly, sympathising for her friend. On the other hand, Khadijah looks horrified and couldn't utter a single word but stood right there watching every person's move.

"I don't want to talk about it. Can we go home please? Your house?"

"Off course. Get up." She helped in lifting her friend and they started walking.

"Zaliha, Zaliha please listen to me." He followed them and neither of them looked towards him. He gave up and rushed towards a furious looking Khadijah.

"Khadijah, I'm so sorry for whatever happened just now." He came towards her after attempting to talk to Zaliha who didn't listen.

"What was she saying?!" She glared at him, while waiting for an answer.

"Please calm down and we will talk about it." He went towards the bench and brought it for her to sit.

"What do you mean I should calm down? Do you see me panicking?" She said while glaring at the bench he brought.

"No I didn't mean that... I was just..."

"Just keep quiet! After all I heard, you're expecting me to just calm down and let it slide?I need an explanation and you know yourself that I do."

"I know and I promise you, I'll tell you everything but for now, just relax and don't stress yourself please. You know I hate to see you in stress." He said softly and they stood there looking into each other's eyes without lowering their gazes. Each of them having numerous thoughts in their minds which can't be voiced out, afraid that it might lead to the end of their relationship.