Chapter 4

Nadiya quickly rushed to the balcony and cried till there is no more tears to shed. She was still wondering why mom would do such a thing to her only daughter.

She knew it. She knew all this while that she wants to leave her and go. She knew it since from day one. She was complaining about her behavior, her attitude. She said she's going to do something about it. She should have understood what she meant when she overheard her making call.

Nadiya finished getting ready and as she was about to pass her mom's room, she heard her talking.

"Look please, I need to get her out of this place. If possible, forever. I need to get her out of this mess.

What is mom talking about? What does she mean by that?

"I understood that. I know she will feel very hurt but I don't have any option. She's the only child I have. She has gone through alot. Even though I'm trying to be the best person for her and take care of her, it feels as if it's not enough."

"Let my daughter be happy. I always get hurt when she's been pointed at. She might not understand all this but she will when she grows up, that I've done this for her own best.

Not wanting to hear more, she quickly went back to her room to wait for her mom's call so that she won't for a second think that she has heard everything because their room is near.

Even though she heard that, she still mustered the courage to follow mom. She still flushed everything out of my mind. She shouldn't even be bothered because she knows some day somehow, something like this would happen.

She guessed she has no other option but to stay here. Where would she even go if she leave here? Mom that doesn't even want to stay with her because of some damn "society" that she's always worried about for her, for some reason she couldn't fathom.

She was still in the balcony, crying softly and also thinking about her future when a soft hand touched her shoulder from behind. She turned and discovered that it was her Aunt.

"Hey Nadiya, please don't cry. We're all here with you. Don't feel alone my dear."  When she heard nothing from her, she continued.

"I understand what you must be going through but please try to understand that your mom did all this for your own good. No mother would abandon her daughter like this without a valid reason. I'm sure she's trying to make your future bright and...."

"Make my future bright you say? Like this? By removing me from her life? She doesn't even care about my future. She only cares about what 'society' would say." Nadiya felt so annoyed right now. Is this even a normal way to make someone's future bright? She didn't realize when a tinge of tears came out of her eyes again.

"My dear, you don't know the society nowadays. They don't care about someone's feelings. They just say whatever they want to. They will spread rumours about things they have no business with. They can even make someone's life so miserable."

"But Aunt, what is actually my behavior and attitude that I must stay away from my own environment?"

"My dear it's not just you, it concerns your mom. You might think whatever you're doing is right but your thinking is not the same with other's."

"Your mom knows the right thing for you. She also knows what's best for you. I promise you child, you will only see love and affection from me. Your mom gave you to me and I'll make sure I protect you." She said reassuringly and Nadiya felt so secured by her words.

"Now, get some rest and freshen up. I will ask Khadijah to bring food for you okay?"

"Okay aunt. Thank you"

"You're welcome dear".

****

Phewww.... Done with this already.
So guys, what did you think of the chapter?
Thanks for reading and don't forget to,

Vote
Comment
Share and
Recommend it out.