Chapter 19

BRAZIL, RIO DE JANEIRO

After twenty years of working as a drug dealer, the business couldn't be more productive every single day. His best decision in life is engaging in this upright business. He sees it as a 'good' business and though, he has an idea that it's bad but because of how the business goes smoothly for him; earning tons of money and living comfortably in the life, he sees it as a good one. He smuggles lots of drugs and has a lot of people working under him. Many people come to buy drugs from him and he sells many types of illicit drugs.

He remembered twenty years ago when he was told about the 'job', he hesitated and declined afterwards. They persuaded him and convinced him that it's a high paid job and that they are giving him a chance to come join as he's poor and has lost his job. At the mention of that, he agreed to take the job. Even when he asked which job it was, they told him it's a wonderful job which is in abroad. They added that he will have his own office and will be paid a huge amount of money there. Being a poor man and desperate for a job, he agreed. They made him sign some documents which he didn't even read what was written.

He lied to his wife about it and she even said it might me trafficking but he didn't know then.

His wife.

He wondered how she must be doing now. Is she enjoying her life now or she's married again? And his daughter. She must have grown up now.

Even though he's living a luxurious life which he always wanted, earning lots of money which he's tired of spending as he has everything, getting people to live under him, being a bad person and committing bad things, he couldn't help but miss his family. He missed them a lot and for once, he's regretting why he left them in the first place. He feels like going back to Nigeria to bring his family here, especially his daughter which he abandoned. But will they ever agree?

There was a time he called and threatened his wife about his daughter. He got her number from one of the men he hired back in Nigeria to protect his daughter and spy on them as well. He wants to know their movements and activities. He wants his daughter to be with him. Yes, he still loves her. Even though he did nothing but hurt them and he knew about that,  he still wants to have a child around him. A child he could call his own. A child he will look into the eyes and be proud that is his blood. He is definitely sure that by now, his wife must have poisoned her mind against him and his daughter will never be with him. But by hook or by crook, he will get his daughter!

"Boss, we can't smuggle the drug because there is tight security there and I'm afraid we will get caught." Freddy, one of the workers and the closest to him, said after entering his office.

"Oh shit! Now what?!" He said frustratingly, a cigarette in between his fingers.

"I don't know. This is bad." Freddy said, shaking his head.

"I know. Just go, we will figure out what to do about it." Usman Babayo, Nadiya's father replied.

*****

Hikmah is seated in the parlour, reading a novel. She doesn't have morning lecture today, so she's resting. She woke up 10:00am and after having bathe and breakfast, she felt  bored and decided to read a novel. Something she often do when bored, apart from reciting the Qur'an off course. She is the only person in the house, apart from her mother. Though she's happy she won't go out today, but she's feeling bored and wished someone could visit. Or maybe she should visit her friend. She finally made a decision to go visit Khadijah and execute her plan. Just as she got up to go get ready, her cousin, Fawaz appeared with Umar.

"Oh my God Fawaz, you're here!" She exclaimed and Fawaz laughed while Umar shook his head with a smile.

"Yes, I'm here!" He tried to mimic her but failed which made all of them to laugh.