Chapter 20

Yay we're in Chapter 20 already!!!! Alhamdulillah!😇
Dedicated to these two zahra_ndako Rabeeyatu ❤️❤️

___________________________________

Today is Monday and it is the day he will be tutoring Nadiya and Zaliha. Thank God he doesn't have any class, which gives him enough time to spend in tutoring them. He stood up and got ready, while wearing a blue jeans and a red shirt. He brought his golden-coloured wrist watch and wore it. Then he wore a black boot and headed out of the room.

He checked the time and found out it's 11:40am. He could eat before leaving since it's 1:00 he's leaving, he thought. He went to the kitchen and saw Hikmah making something. The scent was amazing, he couldn't wait to eat whatever it is she's making because he's so hungry. Thank God his family woke up late. He would've opened the food warmer later and find a cold food, something he doesn't wish to eat.

"You're here! Good morning." Hikmah gave a weak smile.

She is still sleepy even after waking up late, Umar mumbled.

"I heard that." She playfully glared at him. "I actually woke up because I was hungry but don't tell mom or dad." She whispers.

He raised his eyebrow. "Why?"

"Well, I intentionally woke up because of my grumbling stomach, I needed food. But then, dad was also hungry, so he asked mom to make food for him. But mom was lazy, she couldn't. So she entered my room and bribed me to cook for us all. Off course it wouldn't have led to bribing, but I needed money to buy a fancy bag I saw online. Anyways, I agreed, pretending to be upset. So yeah, here I am cooking. Would you have some?" She asked nonchalantly after saying all that. Umar couldn't believe his cunning sister. She's cute and all, but she's so canny most of the times.

"Oh God Hikmah, you did all that just for money?! You're too smart for my liking." Umar said, shaking his head and she laughed.

"I was broke and didn't have money, that's why I did that. But hey, I didn't know mom was going to bribe me!" She defended herself.

"That's why you have a brother for crying out loud!" He tapped his forehead with his palm.

"Yeah, don't worry. There's always a next time." She winked at him and he laughed. "And yes, I will not spare dad too, I have a plan to execute." She said and went back to cooking her food.

"So tell me, what are you making that is scenting like this?" Umar asked. He feels like fainting because of hunger.

"Oh, I'm making egg sauce with a boiled yam!" She exclaimed.

No wonder! Umar whispered.

"Alright. Serve me then." She nodded and served him the food from the pot and gave it to him. She then served herself and poured the rest in a food flask for her parents.

Umar left the kitchen and went to the dining area. He sat and started devouring the food. He groaned internally for the yummy food Hikmah made. The egg sauce is delicious he must admit. His sister can be childish and a troublemaker, but when it comes to cooking, she's a master chef.

How funny it is that their father loves her food more than their mother's own. Well, his mother's food is delicious too. He just doesn't get why his father loves Hikmah's food the most.

After he's done eating, he took the plate to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator to get some water. He drank it and headed to parlour, where he saw his parents and Hikmah talking. Well, Hikmah arguing about something. He's sure she's executing the plan she was talking about earlier. He desperately wants to know what they're talking about, but at the same time, he doesn't want to be involved in Hikmah's chaotic situations. He checked the time and discovered it's 12:00. So he went and joined the group.