Chapter 10

Dedicated to Umaimaamina love you❤️

Umar reached home and parked his car in the garage of his house. Ever since he saw Nadiya and the way she looked at him, he can't stop thinking about it. He's feeling quite different today. He has been smiling all day because of it. He felt happy for actually approaching her though unknown to him that she was the one, but he was glad. He had to admit, staring at her closely elicit her beauty even more.

Thinking about that and smiling all through while entering the house, his younger sister spoke returning him out of his daydream.

"Hey big bro!" She squealed which he found suspicious.

"Hey lil girl. What's up with you?" He asked raising a brow at her.

"I should be the one asking you that. Why were you smiling as though you won a lottery, huh?" She asked even though she knew what the case is because this kind of smile is not just about winning a lottery. She knows him better.

"Me? Smiling? I'm not. I just... Yes, I was happy I got home early today." That was the lamest excuse he has ever said and that too, to his sister which knew him more than he knows himself!

"Really!?" She said amidst laughter. She couldn't believe he wants to lie to her in such unconvincing way. "You don't have to lie in such a way. It would have been better you just say none of your business or, it doesn't concern you or rather, I met with my love today that's the reason why I was smiling." She said, pulling his legs and laughing as well.

"You will never change Hikmah." He said, shaking his head.

"I know and I don't want to change either." She said.

"So, how have you been? When did you return? You should have told me, I would've waited for you." Said Umar.

"It isn't a problem. I actually finished my classes not long ago and I was really tired, that's why I came back home." She explained.

"Alright then. Is mom in her room?" Umar asked.

"Nope, she went to the court for a case but she will be back soon. I've cooked some food, it's in the dining room." Hikmah said.

"Okay. Let me first go and freshen up."

"OK." She betoned and Umar left the living room leaving Hikmah there,  sipping her orange juice and pressing her phone.

***

"Ina wuni Anty." Zaliha greeted Nadiya's aunt. (Good Afternoon Aunt).

"Lafiya qalau, ya gida?" Hajiya A'ee replied Zaliha. (Fine, how is everyone at home?).

"Fine aunt." She replied.

"That's good to hear dear. You came to meet your friends right?" To Zaliha, it's only Nadiya she came to meet because ostensibly, she doesn't like Khadijah.

She managed to say yes but it's not directly including Khadijah. "Yes, Aunt." She managed to reply.

"Okay Nadiya and Khadijah are together in Nadiya's room, okay?" Aunt said.

"Okay." And she went straight to the room.

***

"Nadiya, could you believe a lecturer asked me out!" Khadijah exclaimed. So today, Khadijah came back home feeling very nervous and came to Nadiya's room. Khadijah's nervousness didn't go unnoticed by Nadiya but she didn't ask Khadijah what the matter is because as much as she knows her, she will eventually tell her.

"Are you serious Khadijah!? You mean in our school!?" Nadiya couldn't believe her ears.

"Indeed. I couldn't believe it. I don't even know what to do or how to reply back." Khadijah said and just then after Nadiya's reply, Zaliha entered the room.