Chapter 23

Dedicated to asmee121 💕💕

It's almost 3:00am in the morning but Ahmad hasn't slept yet. He couldn't. How could he after what happened? He feels terrible and totally heartbroken. He didn't mean for all this to happen. It wasn't his intention. If only they could understand what he did... but he knows for sure that whatever he said, they will never understand him. Heck, not even for once! But why would they when what he did was so foolish.

He's sure if Khadijah give him a chance, Zaliha will never. He didn't blame her though, she's bound to.

Zaliha was his first love and every moment spent with her was the best moment. He's loved her with all of his heart that the love could be described as a felicitous one. But that very word on that day made him to back down from their relationship in spite of the fact that he loved her so much. It was so hard to forget her and their strong relationship, it really was. But then, he moved on and released his caged heart to roam around.

That was when he met Khadijah and the whole world became mute and Khadijah was the only one he could hear. She took all his mind off of the memories and the hanged love and set his mind to a new leaf of happiness.

But he must admit, seeing Zaliha in that situation brought back all the wonderful memories they had together, the one he always, everyday, tried to forget even when he met Khadijah. Zaliha must hate him so much that she didn't even spare him a glance when he needed to talk to her. Her actions were absolutely valid. Everyone in her situation would've acted the same. What he did to her was horrible, inhumane if he must add. He couldn't believe he did that. He will never forgive his so-called friend for ruining his relationship with Zaliha. What baffles him up till now was when he blatantly believed him. If only he could rewind the time...

He remembered the first day he met Zaliha was when she was in Secondary school and he was in his year three in University. He was schooling at LASU and when he was coming back from a class with his friends and were heading to a nearby restaurant where he glanced at her. The memories still fresh in his mind...

The six friends entered the restaurant and sat in a rounded cornered table, each occupying spaces for themselves. After they sat however, they began talking loudly about football news. What guys always do when they meet together.

"You know, I've always loved Chelsea because damn, it's a great club!." One of Ahmad's friend, Jawad said with so much pride.

Hammad scoffed and replied, "Can you hear yourself? Who will love Chelsea for crying out loud? If it isn't Madrid, guy you're not in a club." He smirked and rested his head on his chair having folded his hands and placed it at his forehead.

"Woah woah woah! Madrid? Well if it's not for Ronaldo who is helping the club, it would've died down." Another of Ahmad's friend, Yazid uttered with a chuckle.

"You've said it all! At least he helps in scoring for the club unlike Liverpool, which is a whole bunch of boring people and man do they play stupidly!" Kamal chirped in and upon saying that, he high-five Hammad and the duo laughed loudly.

"Just shut up Kamal! Mohammad Salah is awesome." Farouk spoke after a while. He's a die hard fan of Liverpool and especially Mohammad Salah, who is his celebrity crush.

The four boys laughed because they have idea about him loving Mohammad Salah but Kamal had to just say that.

"Can you please stop bickering and order?!" Ahmad spoke for the first time to his friends with so much annoyance. Amidst his friends, he has always been the quiet and the matured one. Sometimes, they call him boring when they're hanging up together.