Chapter 33

"Alright Inspector, I think we should either dial or track the number. It's high time." Umar suggested while sitting in the officer's chair. They're still discussing about the plans to make in bringing back Nadiya. Some of Inspector Fatihu's team had gone to track the car, instructed by Inspector Fatihu and have yet to see the car, which bothers Umar a lot. Now, he has brought up the idea of calling or tracking the number he called yesterday; Nadiya's number.

"That's quite alright but I'm still hesitant about doing that Umar. This is like the last chance we have in calling the line, that is if it's even on. The kidnappers might have already switched off the phone and that leads to the inability for tracking or calling. I'm surprised though, as to why they haven't called yet." He whispered the last part to himself. However, that didn't make sense to an impatient Umar one bit as he's not understand the delay. They can try tracking as well as wait for the policemen who are also tracking the car plus the plate number!

"But Inspector, that is not a big problem you know. We have almost everything which will boost our search in finding Nadiya. So it's easy to find at least something that will give us a hint on where they're hiding her. Also, your men are currently searching for the car, so while they're doing that, we will also make ourselves busy by tracing the line." Umar argued but in a polite way. In spite of that, the Inspector has already figured he's very tense from his tone.

"It looks like you still don't get my logic Umar. I do my things with calculation. I'm an Inspector and I've been on this work for a very long time and this is not the first time I handle such cases. Right now, you need to trust me. I can understand your mood, but all I need right now is your patience and understanding, then we'll be able to cooperate well and solve the situation, please." Inspector Fatihu said with a soft tone. He's always like this with people who come to him for help or work with him. He always tries to respect their grievances and help them however he can. Any individual who comes to the police station for a case or in need of help should be treated politely, as it's not easy to fall into a distress state.

By this time, Umar doesn't know what to say or do. He wouldn't like to act so impatient but at the same time, he's so desperate and hate his idea of 'patiently' carrying out the case. For how long? It seems pretty easy to just do things once and wait for at least an outcome, but no! Inspector Fatihu apparently knows his job and likes to do things with 'calculation.' But oh well, what is Umar to say? He has no other option than to follow his words. Honestly, he's starting to be pissed with this Inspector right here. One great thing though is that he's an experienced Inspector and that's quite gladdening.

He clears his throat with a very much composure before speaking, "Alright Inspector, thank you so much for all the efforts. I'll try to cooperate. Also, inform me if there's any information from your team who went off in search of the kidnapper's car." With that, he shakes his hand before leaving. He's only leaving to find answers to his questions as there's more to know than what you imagine.

When he left, Inspector Fatihu smiled sadly and said, "we've been painted blackly in the eyes of people that no matter our efforts, they fail to see it."

***

"Hello Khadijah?"

"Hi Zaliha. How are you?"

"I'm fine Alhamdulillah. Just wanted to confirm if Ma is in the hospital or is discharged?"

"She's discharged not long ago. We're now at home."

"Alhamdulillah! How is her health doing? Hope she's strong and better?"

"She is Alhamdulillah. She just keeps asking where Nadiya is."

"Please try to comfort her, she should not get worried. You know her condition."