A New Life

Chapter Twenty-Seven

I rested against his chest as we both curled together under a printed picnic cloth. The stars shimmered above us, the moon shined in all its glory. I felt myself at peace for the first time since we had met. I could recall feeling confused and against my own feelings from the moment I had met him.

Now the storm that had raged against he and I was at a stand still. There was a calm and steady flow between the both of us. I didn't have a worry in the world as I closed my eyes and enjoyed the cool breeze of the night.

"Are you happy?" He whispered, his fingers gently stroking my arms.

"The happiest I've been in this entire life." I replied.

He chuckled and placed a kiss on my head as he gently pushed me to sit. Turning over my shoulder I observed him fiddle with his pockets. Panic struck as he looked at me wide eyed and then back down to his blazer.

"What's the matter?" I asked, feeling concerned as well.

"Please, don't tell me I lost it." He muttered to himself.

"Lost what?"

Dathan cursed under his breath and quickly shot from his sitting position. He scrambled about, trying to find something.

"Maybe I can help?" I said.

"No, just wait here, I'll be right back, I think I left it in the car." He said a bit out of breath.

He hurried towards the car parked near by and I settled back unto the warm blanket and grinned. Taking the small box from my pocket I opened it and looked to the familiar heart shaped ring. I felt tears spill as so many memories came to me.

Here I was in another life about to start my future once again with the man I still found myself falling so hard over. I anticipated what was to come, and I couldn't wait to marry him.

Taking the delicate ring out of the box I looked on the inside of the rim of the gold band and read the indentation inside.

"To the love of my life." I read in a whisper.

Slipping the ring on I looked at it with such pride. I could hear the defeated sigh from afar as Dathan closed the door to the car and hurried back. I remained in the same position and felt my lips pull into a huge smile.

"You know, I can still remember the first time you gave this to me." I said.

His footsteps stopped just in front of me and I looked up to find him smiling at me. "How did you get that?" He asked.

"Men lose their mind in the middle of a make out session." I confessed.

"Are you insinuating you were not all that into it?" He asked as he crouched to pick my head up and rest it on his lap.

"I was into it, until this little box began to dig itself on my hip." I replied.

Dathan bent forward and pressed a kiss into my lips and gently whispered against my mouth his proposal.

"Will you marry me, Aria?" He asked.

"I've been yours from the moment I said I do, with all of my heart." I replied,

"Forever and ever."

"Forever and ever, love." I repeated.

"I will spend my afterlife or the other searching for you until we are reunited once again." He muttered. The words brought tears to my eyes as I recalled the very same promise being whispered to me on my first death bed. My heart lurched and I felt his love and devotion wash over me as I sat up to press my lips to his.

"I love you, Dathan Heart." I said in the mist of my joyful tears.

"Shall we give the family the good news or shall we finish this chamape?" He asked.

"I'm too excited to wait."

We stood and gathered our belongings and together we headed back to his car. Taking a deep breath I couldn't help but thank whatever force or magic had brought us back. But whatever the case it had seen it fit to give us another opportunity. I would forever be grateful and cherish every day as if it were my last.

Life, it seemed was still teaching Dathan and I lessons and I would be forever grateful if it would see it fit to give us another. For it didn't matter what life we lived I would forever be bewitched by those fathom blue eyes.

~The End~

Thank you to all those who kept reading, voting, and commenting. I deeply appreciate all the support you have shown through this story and the first. I certainly did not expect for THREE! books to come of it. Nevertheless, thank you ALL once again and keep reading, writing, and inspiring others to do so.

Sincerely,

Mara. L. Ortiz.

P.S. I might wait a while for the third one to be released. I want to finish the last two books which are close to coming to an end. Wish me luck and if you haven't read them you are more than welcomed to.