Decisions

Chapter Twenty One

~Aria~

I stared at the many brochures in front of me. There was so many vacations to pick from and in all honesty I was feeling a little overwhelmed. I frowned as I forced my gaze away from the shelf. Maybe I'd pick a vacation after the celebration this weekend. Which only brought me back to why I was here.

"Ma'am? Do you need any help?"

I lifted my gaze to look at a woman staring at me with a bright smile. She approached me with caution, almost as if being careful not to scare me off. I smiled in return as she stood at my side and reached for a brochure from the bunch.

"Actually, I would like some help. I'm planning a vacation. In all honesty I've never been on vacation, now that I have the opportunity I'm a bit lost on where to go. There are so many places." I said.

A chuckle escaped her red painted lips, now that I took a closer look at her she dressed in a flight attendant uniform. I had never paid attention to the flight booking section in the mall before, but now that I did, I could see that the women here dressed in a red suits, probably to encourage us to buy our tickets and book our flights.

"Here, I know I should be encouraging you to book the most expensive ticket on the plane and the most expensive destination but I'll be honest with you. I vacation there last year and it was amazing. It's like you step out of this city and into paradise." She whispered.

I looked down to her hand where she held fast to the brochure and I reached out for it out of curiosity.

"Summer paradise in Ethel." I read.

"Their beaches are great, the water is perfect and the sands are whiter than snow. It's a paradise, not to mention all the sightseeing you will do there. The ruins are magnificent, and there's a beautiful tale of heart ache and triumph. Oh and you have to go diving in their underwater caves. The water is so crystal clear, the plankton itself act like a beautiful lantern underwater. They have some of the most exotic fishes there." She explained.

"Wow, it sounds, so fictional." I laughed, starring down at it again.

"And it's very cheap, the cheapest of the packets we have here. I'll prove it to you, come let's make some arrangements." She grinned.

I felt my stomach flutter. Ethel it was, I had never been outside of Harland and even if it was her job to convince me to book a flight, I was long overdue for something new.

~Dathan~

I don't know why I had come back, I didn't understand how all of this had been possible. I was aware I no longer was in 1822, at the start of my marriage. Granted that I dearly missed times like those I had adjusted well in this century. There were still things that needed to be answered, and someone to conquer all over again.

Although in our past life I had won the heart of the only woman I had ever loved I liked the thrill coursing through my veins as I thought about the chase all over again. We were writing a new chapter in our lives and I was more than willing to explore it. Scarlett refused to acknowledge who she was. I could not understand why she was fighting it but she had taught me to be patient long ago. So I would wait until this weekend and finally bring her to the one and only place that would open her eyes.

"Mr. Heart, where would you like all of these pots?" The gardener asked. I looked over my shoulder to find more than twenty men carrying the blood red roses I had ordered. A smile reached my lips as I turned to greet him.