Bargin

Chapter Six

~Dathan~

Everything was silent. Not even a bird could be heard chirping as I stood in the living room starring out to the front yard. I felt terrible as I tried gathering words of apology to try and plead my case with Aria. Then it hit me as I concentrated on her reflection contrasting against the glass window. I turned to look at her, her leg in a cast and a few stitches to her head.

"Let me barging with you." I said, turning my full attention on her now.

Aria lifted her gaze, tears still evident in her eyes as she sniffled back a few sobs and shook her head. "I just want to go home and pretend none of this happened. I'll be fine, eventually." She replied.

I walked over and placed both hands in my pockets. "Aria, I will make this right. I know what I did was wrong and trust me when I say I will do everything I can to help you get better. I will personally see to it that you get back on your feet." I promised.

"I don't want your money, I don't want anything to do with you, you were going to leave me to die all because you feared for your money. I bet I am not the first woman you run over, the guilt must be piling up on you, and that's why you fessed up." She said, in her eyes there was fire, anger, and pure hatred.

"Is that what you think of me? You think I'm some type of tycoon that thinks the world is his oyster? You'd be surprised just how wrong you are. You don't know anything about me Aria." I replied, trying to plead my case.

"I've already told you that I don't want your money, if I was some kind of vulture I'd bleed you dry but my mother raised me to be better than that." She defended.

The fire in those eyes made me feel suddenly light headed. Something about her looking at me that way made me wonder if I had ever encountered Aria before. Had she been a simple conquest before?

"Have we met?" I asked, completely side tracking from our previous argument.

"What?" She asked, taken a back as well.

"I don't know what it is about you, I feel we have met before." I said.

She shook her head and stared at me as if I was delusional. Something wasn't right here. The constant wave of déjà vu kept hitting me with one wave after the other.

"I can't help but think that we have met before." I said, again.

"I've never met you in my life. Up until you hit me with your car I wasn't aware that you even existed." She replied.

"Aria, I really want to help you. And if you don't want money then I am just going to have to take care of you myself. I will personally talk with your mother, endure her wrath if I have to. I feel terrible, you need to let me make it up to you." I tried to bargain.

Aria fell silent for a long moment. It was difficult to say if she was really considering my offer since she refused to look at me. Her head was bowed and her fingers kept fiddling with the buttons on her blouse.

"What then? Am I still allowed to work for the company after everything is said and done?" She asked.

"You work for Heart Industries?"

"Who in this city doesn't work for Heart Industries?" She pointed out.

"Right." I said, feeling a bit stupid for asking.

"I will take your bargain under one condition." She pressed.

"And that is?"

"You will help me recover, personally. My hospital bills will be payed the only way we normal folks know how to." she replied.