Terminal Greet

Chapter Twenty-Six

The days that progressed seemed to go by in a bliss for us. I was not only engulfed in the mere presence of a woman I had loved for so long but I was surrounded by family and loved ones. Aria had grown comfortable around everyone she met and they in return loved her as much.

After finding out about the accident so long ago, my father had been a bit iffy around Aria. It would take time to convince him that she was not with me for the money. Even if I tried to explain to him the truth he'd label me insane. However, I didn't doubt that Aria would soon have him eating from the palm of her hand. She was graceful, caring, and loving. Everything she had been before.

It didn't matter what era we lived in, she would never change. I was certain the only thing that would apply to Aria/Scarlett in another life would be bravery. Only good things would come her way and as long as I was there by her side I'd be blessed with her good fortune.

Starring down at the journal in my hand, the one I had found buried in the wall that day, I felt a small smile tug at my lips. Long ago I had been fortuned enough to see into the future. Dubbing myself insane I proceeded to write every dream ever dreamt of this new world. Now it made so much more sense to me. I was living the dream, literally.

Would it happen again? Would I see visions of the future where she and I shared yet another life together? I wasn't certain of that, but of one thing I was positive about, I couldn't wait to see.

On this day, a week after the celebration Aria and I would share a date. I was nervous yet thrilled to be picking her up from the airport. She had gone on a long vacation and I was anxious to hold her in my arms once again. I drove to the airport feeling my stomach knot with anticipation.

As I slipped from the car I took hold of the large blood red roses wrapped in bright pink tissue paper. Taking off my coat I rolled up my sleeves and adjusted my hair. Taking a deep breath I walked into the large building, awaiting her return.

I felt my heart want to lurch from my chest as I watched all the people flood the airport greeting their loved ones. My eyes landed on a slender frame dressed in a floral print sun dress. Her legs went for miles and where now nicely tan from her trip. Behind her she dragged a small suitcase and on the other a light sweater draped over her arm.

Her hair cascaded down her back in wonderful light brown waves and her eyes lit up the instant the clashed with mine. I felt my breath hitch as she smiled, the beautiful dimple on her left cheek adding just another dash of beauty to her flawless heat shaped face.

Then so suddenly she was in my arms, her body pulling me close as she laughed and placed a kiss unto my lips. "I missed you." She whispered.

The world began to function all around me again. I was aware of the loud chatter, a baby crying at a distance, and even a couple hurrying to catch their plane.

"I love you." I said, my breath finally returning to my lungs. I knew then she would forever have this affect on me.

"And I you." She said with a dreamy grin on her face.

"Maddie?" Aria suddenly said.

I turned to find a timid shy girl walking by with a suitcase in hand. Her eyes lowered as they landed on me. There was faint bruises on her arms and her face was one of sleepless nights.

"Hi." She said a little out of breath. Her eyes lowered again just as Aria slipped from my arms and walked over to her.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"I'm on my way to Valley Green, in Ethel. I've landed a scholarship." She said with a saddened smile.

"But is everything alright?" Aria asked concerned.

It was then that I became aware of Aria's mother standing next to me. She smiled over at me and I in return greeted the woman that would soon become my mother in law. Not that she was aware of it, but I planned to propose to Aria tonight.

"It will be once I board that plane." The girl said.

"I wish we had more time."

"It's alright, who wants to befriend a Hazel anyways?" She said just as a tear slipped from her eye.

"I do." Aria said with confidence.

The last name put a sour taste in my mouth as the girl wiped at her tear and prepared herself to walk away. Then in a sudden quick action, Aria took her into a tight hug and whispered something in her ear. The girls eyes grew wide and then a smile slipped from her lips.

"Thank you, very much." She replied just before walking away.

"A Hazel?" I said, just as Aria watched the girl scurry through the terminal.

"A rare jewel in the sea of many, many bad people." She replied.

I laughed as her words brought back old memories of my former father telling me that about her.

"If my father could hear you, he'd label you insane. But if you say so." I replied. Time's had changed and maybe some of the Hazel's with it, although I highly doubted it.

"I know and yes, I remember." She said with a bright smile.

Wrapping an arm around my own, Aria took hold of her luggage and we walked towards the limo with her mother by our side. I was anxious for our date tonight and also nervous. Although I knew what it was to be married to this woman, this new life offered so much more adventure than the last.

***

A word from the Author,

To those who have been patiently waiting for a new upload I am deeply sorry for the delay. As you know I have been preparing for a third installment of the Arranged saga. I hope you all catched the hint on this new chapter of who it might be about. I am anxious to bring you book three, but I am also determined to get ahead on the last two books I have not finished.

I hope to finish them and put my full focus on the third book. Please show your support by voting and commenting. Thank you so much for your patience and your honest opinions.

P.S The third book will be called. "In Her Shadow."

Thank you, reader.

Sincerely,

Mara. L. Ortiz