Research

Chapter Four

~Aria~

I felt fear and awe all at once. I laid in the oversize bed, at least four times bigger than my own. My entire body tingled as I shifted my gaze from the vintage wall paper to the unique hand carved mahagony bed posts. My fingers gripped the sheets as I pulled them higher. It was freezing inside this lonely room. Granted that the bed was more than comfotable I was still missing my own creaky bed. The knock on the door had me scooting under the covers for fear that I'd be caught off guard by those eyes.

Tongue tied and confused I had tried to act as calm as I could when I had seen him. Yet, the memory of having talked to him for the first time put a terrible chill on my skin. I still felt trapped inside my own dreams. The only indication that I was truly not dreaming and lost in the 1700's was the fact that this room was equipped with a mini fridge, working desk, and a gigantic flat screem that faced the bed.

"How are we feeling on this day?" the butler asked. I felt my cheeks grow red when I saw he carried a tray of food. My heart skipped a beat when he set the tray down next to me.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Gregory Cambridge madam, is there anything else you would like?" he asked.

"Yes...I'd like to apologize for acting like such a lunatic, I was afraid and scared for my life. I didn't know what to think when I awoke in a bloodied mess and in some strangers bed. I thought someone had kiddnappeed me." I blurted out.

There was a smile on his face as he accepted my apology. Gregory reminded me of my grand father. He had the same tall, thin figure. Sparkling gray eyes and a set of gray and white hair combed to the side.

"It's quite alright. I'd be frightened as well." He replied.

He gestured towards the tray of food, it was a sight alright. Nice juicy stake, vegetables, and a baked potato that still had steam coming from it. It smelled delicious but at the thought of consuming the entire thing I felt my throat shut. However, I couldn't find it in me to neglect the offer, I had after all been rescued and treated by a Heart no less.

"Thank you Gregory." I said, setting the tray over my lap. I ate in silence, feeling completely awkward to be cutting through a stake and baked potato. Yet my appetite was little as I tried to eat.

I had to hand it to whoever had cooked this, the food was delicious. When finished with my meal, I set the tray aside and rested my head back. I knew I had to contact my family. By now I was certain that my mother was wondering why I hadn't called her.

I glanced around the room, desperate to find my coat or hand bag. Instead I came to find a neatly clean room, free of the destruction I had made earlier. No doubt Gregory had made certain to gather everything I had destroyed. I felt a blush creep up on me as I pulled aside the sheets and struggled to sit up a little.

The meds were slowly beginning to fade and so was my patience. I needed to get home. I was certain my mother had reported me missing. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire family was sitting in my living room waiting to hear some news of me.

Closing my eyes I tried to control my erratic heart. I could only remember the pain, the scream leaving my lips. A tall figure loomed over me as I struggled to gain my vision. Muffled screams escaped their lips as I fell into darkness. I had to get out of here first chance I got.

***
~Dathan~

Her great grand father had been a veteran of war. Her parents had divorced when she was only five. Benjamin Opel bad passed away from heart failure three years ago, and her mother lived a few blocks away from her apartment.