4 - Kidnapped

I pushed as hard as I could, nearly closing the door on his fingers, but he was stronger. He pushed the door open with such a force that I stumbled on my own feet, falling on to the floor.

"Alec!" Dylan cried, leaping from where he sat to hand him a plastic cup of some kind of liquid. "You made it!"

No one even bothered to help me up so I got to my feet, scanning the room for Christine. She had developed a huge crush on Alec when it was only his first day. I knew what he was, a Sixth, and he was in my house.

"Well, I thought I'd stop by for some drinks," He said in a deep husky voice that nearly startled me. The voice sounded strained as if he were trying. "And the girls." He added and his eyes glanced over towards me. My heart stopped.

Suddenly, Christine came sprinting from the kitchen, her hair suddenly cleansed of the drunken look it had earlier. She flipped her long red hair over her shoulder, batting her long lashes, and giving a flirty smile. "Hi, I'm Christine, and you are?"

Alec smiled too. "I'm Alec."

No, I couldn't let anyone be near him. He needed to leave. He needed to leave now. "Christine -"

"I need you in our room," Lexi was suddenly in my way, her eyes drunk but worried. "Its urgent, Alina, I promise it won't take long."

"Sorry, Lexi, but I-" I barely had time to speak before Lexi was yanking me towards our room, leaving Alec alone with our friends. Leaving him alone with his dinner. "Lexi-" She closed the door, sitting down on her bed and pulling me down as well. What could be more important than a sixth in our house?

"David is ready," She said quickly. "He's ready tonight."

"Ready for what?"

She sighed. "Alina, you know what I'm talking about."

I quickly got to my feet. ", Lexi, I just don't have time. "

Lexi narrowed her eyes. "You've got to be kidding me."

 At that moment the door flew open and we both squealed.

There was laughter. "Sorry, guys, its just me."

We both sighed in relief. David stood in the doorway with a smirk on his face. Lexi got to her feet, rushing over to him. He put his arms around her and I suddenly felt stupid on my hands and knees, watching their embrace.

"We need to talk." Lexi said.

"Uh-oh," David grinned nervously. "That doesn't sound good."

"Its nothing bad." She assured him with a dazzling smile.

This was my cue to leave. I got to my feet, quickly running for the door. "You can have your talk in here, I gotta go." Before they could even protest, I closed the door.

When I came back into the living room, the whole atmosphere had changed. It seemed everyone had went from drunk to high. There was much more beer and vodka crowded on to the coffee table – and there was hordes and hordes of people dancing and stumbling around the room. Most of the people I barely even knew and now I had a slim chance of finding Christine and Alec nor Dylan or Kia for that matter.

I pushed through the crowd, trying not to worry about how on earth I was going to fix this before Dad got home. It was already enough he had stripped my hunting spree privileges from me, I didn't need to be punished any further.

“Ooft!” I cried as a purse slammed into my face, nearly knocking me into the TV. I quickly grabbed on to the arm of the couch, stopping the fall.