Chapter 51

~Sam's POV~

It had been several months and Alex was still in the coma. Just as I had promised, I practically never left her side. I was getting worried though. I didn't remember being in the coma for that long when Cas broke my wall down a while ago.

"Dean?"I asked as joined him in the main room.

"Yeah Sammy?"

"Why hasn't she woken up yet? I wasn't even out this long when Cas did that to me."

"She had a big wall Sam. We don't know how powerful the stuff her parents told her was. If you are seriously worried, talk to Cas." Dean said. I went back into Alex's room. I spent almost all day in there with her and I think Dean was tired of it, but I didn't care. I made a promise. I got down on my knees and prayed to Cas. He showed up a couple minutes later.

"Sam. What is wrong?"

"Cas, when is she gonna wake up? I wasn't out for nearly that long when you broke mine down." I said, getting teary eyed

"Her wall was hard to crack Sam." He placed two fingers on her forehead. "She should be up in a couple days or so."

"Ok. Thanks Cas." I said, and he left. I went and told Dean the news then walked back into her room.

"Hey honey, I don't know if you can hear me or not, but you'll be up in a couple days. I've been here the whole time. You're gonna be fine." She didn't say anything of course, but I swore I felt her squeeze my hand in acknowledgement. The next day went by way too slow. I was hoping she would wake up the next day.

After a couple days, I was sitting in there with her when she sat up with a start and screamed. It wasn't a scared scream, and it wasn't an angry scream, it was a blood curdling scream of pain.

"Hey hey. You're ok. It's ok. I'm right here." She slowly calmed down. Dean came running in.

"Is she ok?"

"Yeah. She just woke up. She was scared and in pain. Everything shows up at once when you get out plus it's extremely painful."

"Oh." He said, not sure what to say.

"Guys?" She asked

"Yeah Alex?"

"What's gonna happen now?"

"Um, I don't know. For now, rest. You just got up. We'll figure out what we are going to do." I told her, trying to keep her calm. Dean left the room and I followed behind him.

"Dad?" She asked as I got to the door.

"Yeah?"

"Can I talk to you?"

"Of course. What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong at least right now.... Um...." She said, starting to cry.

"What is it?"

"How long was I out?"

"About 4 months."

"Ok. Um, I just want to say thank you."

"For what sweetheart?" I kind of had a feeling I knew what she was going to say, but I let her continue anyways.

"You stayed by my side every single day."

"I told you I would. Did you think I was going to break my promise?"

"It's not that I thought you would, but more like it would have been so easy for you to have just continued with all the hunting and everything, and I'm sure Dean gave you a hard time about being in here all the time."

"I wouldn't have left you alone in your coma. I know it's scary being out for so long. I needed to be here for you."

"Well thanks. Oh and one more thing.... I heard you."

"What?" I asked, very confused.

"When you were talking to me and told me you had been by my side and that I would be ok but that you didn't know if I could hear you. I could hear you. I don't know how or why, but I did. I tried to squeeze your hand back to tell you I heard, but I doubt it did anything."

"I felt your hand squeeze Alex. And I meant what I said. I never left your side unless I had to help Dean or eat or ya know, go to the bathroom or something." She chuckled a little. "So how do you feel? Any different?"

"A little. I just feel weird. Like I have stuff in my head just flying around and I can't sort them out."

"That's pretty normal. Cas can come and sort it out for you. He didn't do that with me but it was a different kind of wall. I'm pretty sure he can do that."

"Yeah. We can do that, but can we wait a couple days? I just want to rest and spend some time with you guys."

"Yeah we can wait. I'll let you rest." I said before giving her a hug. "I'm really glad you're ok." I said as I reached the door before leaving her room.