Chapter 84

Things were finally going great. All of us were happy with our lives. I rarely had to help them on hunts, and everyone seemed content with the way things were going. Things didn't stay this way for long, however.

It was a nasty hunt. One of those hunts where there's multiple types of beings at once. We knew this was going to be a tough case for the 3 of us to work, but we had no choice especially since I killed my dad's hunter 'friends'. We were fighting them as best as we could, but when I wasn't looking, I was attacked. I was stabbed in the back and it went through my stomach, and next thing I knew, I woke up in the hospital with my dad and Dean looking at me with tears flowing from their eyes.

~Sam's POV~

We were on the hunt. Demons, vamps, you name it, they were there. We were cutting them down one by one. We were kicking their butts and were close to being done. Alex was fighting one off, when one stabbed her through the back. It went all the way through and into her stomach. She collapsed on the floor in a blood covered heap. Dean and I finished off the few creatures that remained. We called Cas and
(Y/N) first, but neither of them were strong enough to heal her. They didn't have enough grace. Then we called an ambulance. I was kneeling on the floor trying to put pressure on her wound. My hands were drenched in her blood. The ambulance took longer than expected, but they got her just in time.

We all arrived at the hospital. Alex was wheeled to the OR and we were forced to sit in the waiting room. A doctor told us she had a 50/50 chance she would be ok after the surgery. Hours upon hours we waited for her to get out of surgery. It was dreadful. We didn't know if she would make it out alive. We didn't know when she would be out of surgery. At about the 6 hour mark, the doctor came back out.

"There's good news, and bad news." He told us. "Good news is, she's alive and will be awake soon." That significantly lightened both Dean and I's spirits.

"What's the bad news?" I asked.

"Her injuries were very extensive and there's only so much we could do. We honestly don't think she can make it through the night. It's just not possible."

"You have to do something! You can't just let my daughter die!" I shouted at him.

"We did everything possible. I'm sorry." He said before leaving the waiting room. Dean and I simply sat and cried. In the midst of our crying, a nurse told us we could go see her to say goodbye. We went back to her room. We sat in chairs on one side of her. She woke up.

"Why are you guys crying?" She asked.

"Honey, you got hurt pretty bad. You were in surgery, and they did what they could. They said you won't make it through the night and we needed to say our goodbyes while we had the chance." I said sadly.

"Oh. I just remember being stabbed and now I'm here." She said.

"Well, you sound like you're feeling ok. Maybe you'll be fine."

"Dad, I'm dying. I know I am. It's like the story of my mom you told me about. I can feel myself dying. I need to tell you both something right now. Before you say your goodbyes."

"What is it kiddo?" Dean spoke up.

"No matter what, promise me that neither of you will blame yourselves for my death. It is not your fault no matter what you say." They both simply nodded. "I mean it. You blame yourselves for everything and I don't want to go knowing you're gonna be blaming yourselves."

"We know." Dean said gently. "We'll try not to." There was a bit of an awkward silence.

"Dean, can you give me and my dad a minute?" She asked