Chapter 28

The next morning, I set my alarm extra early so I could make breakfast. I got up and pulled out the eggs and the bacon and got to work. I was actually a really good cook if I wanted to do it.

The smell must have travelled to the boys because they came out still in their PJs and were eager to eat.

"What's up Alex?" My dad asked

"Nothing, just felt like making breakfast for all of us. There's coffee over there." They headed over to the pot and poured themselves some coffee. Dean have me a hug while I moved the eggs around in the pan.

"I know you're lying. I know you are only doing this to try to make it up to me. I promise we are good." He whispered. I just nodded, surprised he could pick up on that despite the fact it was really obvious. I gave them both a plate full of food and they scarfed it down, as they did with everything. I sat down to eat too, and they were already halfway done with their plates. They stayed at the table while I finished up. We just talked about cases and how we were pretty close to finding a lead.

Dean was putting his plate in the sink and I walked up behind him with my plate.

"Are you sure we are good Dean?" I said quietly.

"Yes Alex. We are good I promise. We are totally fine. Don't worry about it." He said in reply.