Chapter 60

~Sam's POV~

"Hey Dean?" I asked, walking into his room.

"Yeah?"

"Alex and I were gonna go out to lunch. Do you want to go with us or do you want to stay?"

"Do you want to go alone?" Dean asked

"Kinda. But if you want to come, we'll let you come. You're not gonna ruin anything if you do."

"You two go ahead. Last time we had that whole mess about me telling her about hell and all that. You two should get a nice lunch to just talk. You hardly ever get father daughter time."

"You sure?" I asked. I didn't want to leave him out.

"Yeah. I'll be fine. Go ahead."

"Thanks Dean." He nodded and I left.

"So Alex, I guess it's just you and me. He said he's fine with just us going. Where do you want to go?"

"I don't care, but I don't want you spending a fortune on that Italian place, so not there."

"Ok. Are you ok with the diner down the street?"

"Yeah. That's fine." She said, and we headed out. We took the short drive to the diner and sat down at a table. I ordered the salad while she ordered a burger. Sometimes I wonder if she's really Dean's kid.

~Alex's POV~

"So, what are we gonna talk about?" My dad asked.

"I don't know....." I said nervously. I did want to talk about stuff but I didn't want to end up crying at the diner with all those people around.

"Alex, we can talk about whatever you want. If you feel like you're gonna cry, we can step outside." We ended up sitting outside at a picnic table to talk and finish eating.

"Ok. Um, why did I pass out from the blood being drawn? It wasn't that much blood at least I didn't think it was. Passing out just scares me ok?"

"It was quite a bit of blood, plus it hurt a lot, and the needle had to go in deep. All those would easily make someone pass out. I know passing out is scary. But, I do want you to know, I was as gentle as physically possible. I didn't mean to make it hurt so much."

"I know dad. I could tell you were being gentle. Um, my other question is...." I started, but was beginning to cry. "How do we know this will work? How do we know if this is gonna get rid of my powers? I don't want this to have been for nothing. I just want these stupid powers out of me." I said, and started to cry a little harder. I cry when I'm frustrated or scared, or in this case, both. Jeez. I just can't handle emotions very well. My dad got up and walked around the table and sat next to me. He put his arm around my shoulders and let me lean into his shoulder.

"Alex, we don't know for sure if it will work, but it's the only way to transfer them. Just try to relax. We are trying our best."

"I know you're trying. I'm just scared and tired of having my life crash before my eyes."

"I know honey. Let's finish our food and we can do whatever you want for the rest of the day. I know it's rough, but it will be ok. I promise." We finished eating and got back in the impala. "So what do you want to do?" My dad asked

"I don't know. I've never really done anything super fun. All I've done is school and hunting. I never really had friends so I didn't do much."

"How about mini golf?"

"Uh, sure. I've never been. Why that?" I asked

"It's fun."

"Ok. Let's go." We drove to the mini golf place, my dad paid, and we each grabbed our golf ball. I chose a red one and my dad chose a blue one. before we started, he explained how to play and the rules. I wasn't very good, but after a while, I was pretty decent. It was actually really fun. Every time my dad made the ball in, he would do this cheesy little half-dance that is impossible to describe. It was kind of like a touchdown dance, but more like he was a diseased penguin. I couldn't help but laugh. It was nice finally doing something considered "normal". We started heading out after we were done. I lost, but clearly my dad had had more practice.