Chapter 27

~Sam's POV~

I was sitting in the main room with Alex. She was nervously tapping her foot as we waited for Dean to come back so I could talk to him about everything. I had a feeling this would be a mostly one-sided argument and Dean wasn't going to care what I said; but I was willing to give it a shot. After waiting impatiently for an hour or so, Dean walked in.

"Sup guys?" He said, clearly anticipating an argument

~Alex's POV~

I was so freaking nervous. Dean was gonna be screaming and would never trust me again, and I didn't think anything my dad said was going to make a difference.

"We want to talk with you. No yelling, just talking through this whole situation." My dad said calmly and sternly.

"Ok. No yelling." He acknowledged.

"I want to tell you personally that I am sorry. I shouldn't have told you that she mentioned it and I shouldn't have been so hard on either of you. I didn't listen to her when she said it just slipped out, and I should have trusted that it was a conversation between you two that she agreed to have and not stepped over the line and confronted you about it."

"I agree that you should have let it be, but you had a right, I guess, to be mad that we kept it from you. I knew it would make you mad Sammy, and I asked her to keep it from you. She promised me she would unless I said she could tell you. I'm mad because she broke that promise."

"Don't be mad at her. I made it nearly impossible for her to not have said anything. I was telling her about us and our lives and asked her if she knew anything about what actually happens in hell since I was going to basically say you went there and not to ask about it. She said she did. When I asked her how she knew, I told her not to lie to me, and she said you told her. I connected the dots from there. She had no way of getting out of it."

"She could have lied."

"Dean, you know that she wouldn't do that. You can't possibly expect her to have lied."

"I don't expect her to. I'm just upset that you found out and felt the need to attack me about it."

"I know, so be mad at me. She didn't do anything wrong, and I know you think she betrayed your trust, but she didn't. I know you think that by forgiving her, it makes everything ok, but it doesn't." My dad said, getting a little heated. I put my hand on his shoulder, silently telling him to back off just a little.

"I thought you agreed that we were ok Alex."

"I thought we were when you said that, but after talking to my dad, I realized that it was him overreacting just a little that caused this, not me. You not trusting me is a big deal Dean. You forgiving me is important, but if you don't trust me, then I can't ever go to you with anything anymore and you can't ever go to me. Trust is an important thing to me, and if I am not someone you can trust, then I am failing in this uncle-niece relationship and in this friendship. So, just forgiving me is not enough."

"I'm sorry Alex. I didn't know the whole story about all of this. I understand it wasn't your fault, so I forgive you and I'll still trust you. I will still come to you and you can still come to me. We are good, and I mean it." I couldn't help but smile. Things were gonna be back to normal, and I loved it.