Chapter 61

"So how was mini golf?" Dean asked

"It was fun. I had never been and I got to see my dad's awesome dance moves every time he made it in." I said with lots of sarcasm, causing my dad to only chuckle.

"He still does that?" Dean asked "he always did that as a kid. It was always hilariously embarrassing."

"Yep." I said, laughing. We just sat there talking about whatever. It was really great. I wasn't worried about hunting or getting hurt, or anything. Everything just seemed..... Normal. We talked for hours before we headed to bed. I crawled under my covers and started to get ready to fall asleep. My dad knocked and walked in.

"Hey, I don't want to keep you up, but I wanted to say, I hope you had fun. I know I did."

"It was great. I know this was far more than just wanting to spend time with me. I know you wanted me to feel normal for a day and I appreciate it. Even when I was with my other parents, I never did stuff like this."

"I know. That's why I did it. You deserve for something to go right for once. Well, I guess mostly right, but it's as close as I could get it."

"It was great dad. The stuff with Dean's car didn't ruin my day."

"Good. Um, I wanna say thanks Alex."

"Why?"

"I acted like a goof at the mini golf place and you didn't even try to stop me even though it was super embarrassing."

"I could tell you were feeling like a kid again. You were so happy. You should have seen the smile on your face. I wasn't gonna take that away from you."

"Well thanks." He said with a big smile

"You're welcome. We should do this sort of thing every so often."

"Yeah we should. Goodnight Alex."

"Goodnight dad. Do we need to do another blood transfer tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry kiddo. We have to do it close together or it won't do anything."

"It's ok. I don't really want to pass out again, but we gotta do what we gotta do."

"I know you don't. I promise I'm gentle and I try to keep you awake as much as possible."

"I know." He gave me a gentle fatherly kiss on the forehead and left to go to bed himself. I eventually fell asleep too.