Chapter 56

A/N
Hey everyone! I want to apologize for the horribleness of the past few chapters. I've been trying to make a transition into the next big chunk of plot, but it's been hard, so please bear with me. I know they sucked, and this one probably will too, so please don't comment and tell me they sucked. Thanks.

I walked into my room, threw on a pair of shorts and changed into a tank top to get ready for bed. I had just laid down when there was a knock at my door.

"Come in." Dean opened the door and closed it behind him.

"Hey Alex."

"Sup?"

"I want to talk to you about the Crowley stuff."

"Ok." I said, and half chuckled.

"Why'd you laugh?" He asked, concerned.

"Nothing, I just realized that almost any time you and I talk or Dad and I talk, I'm always in bed. It just seems like weird coincidences that's all." He chuckled a little then continued.

"So, why do you want to give up your powers to Crowley of all people?"

"Because I can't handle them."

"Yes you can Alex. I believe in you."

"I can't control them. Even Cas said it takes years to master. I don't want to live with this for years." I said. "Plus, I don't want to hurt you guys. I'm gonna end up losing control at some point. I can't hurt you."

"Ok. I just don't want you to give up on something because you think you'll protect us that way. I know these powers suck, but who knows, maybe you can use them for good."

"I don't know Dean."

"It's ok that you don't know. I just don't want you to make a hasty choice."

"I know that Dean. But you're making this so much harder."

"I wasn't trying to make it harder. I just wanted to make sure you knew both options."

As soon as what I replied with came out of my mouth, I knew I would regret it.

"Look Dean, I get what you really mean. You just want someone to be like you. You want someone to have something they can't control because you feel alone in this fight with the mark. You want me to suffer with powers so I can be someone else who's fighting themselves just like you. Well, save it. I don't want to be like you. I don't want these powers." I instantly regretted that. I didn't mean a word I said.

"Excuse you! You're the one who said you'd help me through this stuff with the mark. And how dare you think that I wanted you to go through what I go through with this freaking mark. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I can't believe you would even imagine I would do that to you!" He shouted before slamming the door and walking out.

~Sam's POV~

I heard a door slam. Dean came walking out and was steaming mad.

"What's wrong Dean?" I asked, concerned.

"Ask your daughter." Dean replied putting some sass into the word daughter.
What could Alex have done to make him so mad?

I walked into her room, knocking on her door as I did so.

"Alex?"

"Go away!" She shouted at me. She wasn't shouting it to be mean or because she was mad at me. I think she was just scared I was gonna yell at her.

"Alex." I said, bending down by her bed, where she was laying with her face in the pillow. "I'm not gonna yell at you. I just want to know what happened. Dean won't tell me anything." I said gently. She stayed silent. "Alex, come on. You can talk to me. I'm your dad." She turned her head towards me. I gave her my best attempt at a look that said it was ok. It must have worked. She sat up and I joined her sitting on the bed. "What's bothering you honey? And why is Dean pissed?"

"I just don't want to make you mad."

"Just tell me."

"Ok." She sighed. "I said some really mean stuff to Dean. I overreacted and I lashed out on him."

"What did you say?" Again, she stayed silent, but eventually spoke up.

"It was bad, Dad."

"You're not gonna be in trouble. I promise. Just tell me so we can fix all this."

"He came in and was sort of trying to convince me to keep my powers. I lashed out since he was making this all a lot harder. I told him that his real intention was to get me to keep my powers so that I was like him. That I had something I can't control and he wouldn't feel so alone in fighting the mark and that he just wanted me to be someone else who is fighting themselves. I said I don't want these powers and I don't want to be like him." She said, tearing up.

I sighed "Alex," I started.

"I didn't mean it dad. I swear. He was pissing me off coming in here trying to convince me to keep my powers. I see how much he struggles with the mark. I don't want him dealing with the mark, and I don't want to be like him dad."

"I'm not mad." I said. I really wasn't. I totally saw where she was coming from, and I was pissed that Dean tried to change her mind. I didn't like what she said to him, but I was not mad.

"You're not?"

"No. I don't like the fact you said all that to him, but I think he shouldn't have tried to convince you of that, and I see where you are coming from."

"So what do we do?"

"Well you're gonna give your powers to Crowley, and I'll talk to Dean."

"Ok." She said sadly.

"Hey, you are not in trouble. Just get some sleep. I'll talk to Dean. It'll be ok." She just nodded and laid down. "Goodnight Alex."

"Goodnight."