Chapter 72

~Alex's POV~
My dad came back out to the waiting room being supported by 2 nurses. He signed himself out and the nurses gave him over to us. We helped my dad out. My dad could barely put any weight on his right leg and was having trouble even limping. Dean went to the impala and pulled it up by the door under the covered roof, so I was standing there trying to support my dad. He tried his best to stand on his own so I didn't have as much weight to hold up, but he was still hard to support. Dean helped me get my dad into the passenger seat. I climbed in the back where my iPod was already waiting for me.

"Thanks for my iPod Dean."

"No prob." He chuckled back. My dad had already fallen asleep again by the time we made it back on the highway.

"Dean, is he ok?"

"Yeah, he's just tired. Don't worry about it. I promise he's fine." Dean whispered to me. I was relieved. I really hope he was as ok as Dean said he was. We finally pulled up to the bunker and woke my dad up. It was at least 4 am. We were pretty far away when we were at the hospital, so we had had a long drive. Dean got the stuff from the trunk while I helped my dad inside. He wanted to help my dad, but I didn't want to be alone getting anything from the trunk again. We made it inside and we went to his room where he promptly laid in bed.

I breathed out a huge breath of exhaustion.

"You ok Alex?"

"Yeah. It's not easy helping you walk that's all. You're so tall compared to me. It makes things difficult. I'm ok though."

"I'm sorry kiddo."

"It's fine dad.... So, can we do the usual sleeping arrangements as when you get hurt? Can I spend the night with you again? Please? I want to make sure you're ok."

"Check with Dean. I don't want him to get offended you're spending so much time with me."

"Ok." I said before going out to Dean.

"Dean, I know we recently talked about you feeling left out, but can I please spend the night in my dad's room? I'd be up worrying if I didn't and I just...."

"Alex, relax. It's fine. You don't need to explain. I get it. I'm not upset and I'm not feeling left out about this ok?"

"You sure? Cause last time you didn't seem pissed and you were."

"Yes, Alex. Go ahead." I gave Dean a hug goodnight and headed back to my dad's room. He was still lying in bed and smiled as I walked in. I shut the door behind me and made my way to the air mattress.

"Hey Alex, can we talk about a couple things? My voice is back mostly and I have most of my strength so I can talk at a normal volume for a while."

"Yeah. What's up?"

"First I have a question." He said sort of nervously.

"Shoot."

"Do you think Dean is jealous of me?" Wow, Dean was right. He did bring it up.

"Um, yeah. I know for a fact he is. I thought you knew that."

"I've thought so for a while, I just wanted to check. Do you know why?"

"His reasoning is that you have so much and he doesn't."

"That's ridiculous. He has so much to be happy about."

"I know, Dad. That's what I told him. Basically he said you've always had everything. You've had a steady girlfriend, 2 actually. You got married and settled down at least a little, and had a daughter. He never wanted to be a one night stand kind of guy, but he could never make it work. You were taken care of as a kid, and he always took the hit from your dad. He is glad he gave you everything as a kid, but he never got a childhood because of it, and I think he misses that a lot."