Chapter 8

I fell asleep fast, but was woken up by Dean thrashing around on the floor. Thinking he was having a seizure or something, I got up and went over to him, and tried to get him to wake up and look at me. I shook him and shook him. He finally looked up at me in shock, and was sweating profusely.

"What's wrong Alex?"

"You were thrashing around on the floor. I thought you were having a seizure or something." He was breathing very heavy.

"I'm ok. I was having a bad dream. That's all." He said, trying to act like it wasn't a big deal.

"Are you sure you're ok Dean?"

"Yeah, I'm fine Alex. Just go to bed." I nod and go back to sleep. Dean did the same, although I'm pretty sure he laid awake the rest of the night.

I was woken up fairly early the next morning by Sam. I got up and took my shower, then threw on a T-shirt and jeans. "hey guys!" I said when I walked out.

"Hey. Breakfast is on the table." They had made me a mug of coffee and had some donuts out on the table.

"Thanks."

"How'd you sleep?" Sam asked. Dean stood off to the side and shook his head, telling you not to say anything about what happened.

"I slept ok. Once I fell asleep, the room wasn't very scary. I'm ok now."

"Well good. Are you up for helping us today? Dean and I are gonna go see the crime scene. If you're up for it, we can call you with any case info we can come up with and maybe you can give us an idea of what we are dealing with. We will probably already know what it is, but sometimes we are wrong. Maybe you can help us make sure since you've read so much already."

"I'm up for it."

"Cool. We will call you in a bit." The boys leave and head out to the crime scene. They called me after they got to the morgue.

"Hey, what do you have for me?" I asked.

"This actually doesn't look like our kind of case. It looks more like an animal attack."

"Tell me, is the heart there, or intact?"

" It's there, but it's mutilated."

"Werewolf. No question."

"Good job Alex. That was our hunch. You really know your stuff. Sorry to make you think we didn't know. We have to see what you know before we figure out how to add you to this team."

"I figured. You have to test me." I said and chuckled a little.

"Do you know how to kill a werewolf?"

"Yeah, stab it with a silver knife in the heart. Or even shoot it with a silver bullet. That's even better."

"Very good. I'm impressed Alex. We'll be back in a little while after we gank these werewolves."

"Ok. Be safe."

"We always are."