Chapter 7

It was about 11:00 am, and Sam woke me up. He woke me up nicely and wasn't mean about the fact that I'm sure he had to call my name about a hundred times.

"Morning guys." I said groggily.

"Morning Alex." Sam and Dean said almost in unison

"What's up for today?" I asked, excited.

"We have a case in Kansas. We don't know what it is, but it's definitely supernatural. We actually have a bunker there where its a lot more like a home and where we have all the resources we need to look up anything about this case. Basically a full blown library with only folklore and supernatural stuff in it. Are you definitely sure you want to leave? After today, there's no changing your mind."

"Yes. I'm sure. You two are my family. There isn't anyone I'd rather be with."

"Ok. Lets get packing then."

We started to pack when suddenly there was a knock on the door. Dean went to open it, and it was my parents. I had just gotten out of the shower and came out at the wrong time. They saw me.

"Sam! You blatantly disobeyed me. I told you that you couldn't have her. What did you do? Break in and take her? That wasn't your choice to make. Come on Alex, we are going home." My mom said.

"No!" I shouted at her. "These two are my family. Sam didn't take me. I overheard your conversations with him, and I wanted to meet him. I gave him my number and we met. I was never meeting friends from school because I don't have any. This is MY life. I chose to leave. I'm going with him, and you can't do anything about it. I love them both, and they are my family." I spouted at them.

"We're your family, Alex. Don't you see that all Sam is gonna do is leave you again?" She tried to reason.

"I've made up my mind, now get out of here and get away from me." They unwillingly left. Sam came up next to me, and wrapped me in a hug. I wanted to pretend like I was ok and didn't need that hug, but I did.

"I'm sorry they came after you. I didn't know they would be able to find me. I would never leave you like they think."

"It's ok. I know you wouldn't leave me. I can tell you love me and I love you too dad." I said, feeling good about sticking up for myself for once.

We finished packing and headed out. I climbed into the backseat of their impala and we were off. It was such a long drive. It was a good 10 hours by the time we got there. We pulled up to this underground place that they called the bunker. It was huge on the inside. There were so many rooms. Sam directed me to my room. It wasn't very pleasing and was actually quite scary. The walls were empty and dark, the bed looked uncomfortable, and the room in general looked dank. They probably didn't have guests very often, so I figured that was why it didn't look very nice. I put my stuff down, and joined them in the main room.

"So this is where you guys live?"

"Yeah. What do you think?" Sam asked, looking for my approval.

"It's nice. My room is a little dank and dark, but it's ok. I like this place. Much better than a hotel."

"Haha. Yeah. We don't get guests much, so your room probably isn't the best. Sorry. It's the best we can do. It's the only room we have left." Dean commented.

"It's fine Dean. Don't worry about it." I said. He wasn't trying to sound rude about it.

"Ok. So, we should probably get working on this case for a couple hours before we go to bed. Alex, do you want to read up on the lore with Sam and I'll hit the restaurant down the street and see if anyone knows anything?"

"Sure." I said with a shrug. Dean left, and Sam and I hit the books.

"How are you feeling Alex?"

"Fine why?" I asked genuinely curious.

"This all so new to you and we are kind of just thrusting you into everything, and not giving you time to process it all." Sam said. He seemed really concerned about me. "Why don't you head on to bed, and I'll start the research. If you need anything, come out and get me or text me."

I agreed. I was having trouble processing and I was still really tired.
I went to bed. The bathroom was a little dingy, but still decent. I laid down in bed. I missed the familiar feel of my bed at home and the smell of my room. I just felt so weird and out of place, like this was not where I should be. Did I make the right choice? I kept asking myself. I decided to talk to Sam, so I texted him since I was too lazy to get up.

'Hey, can you come here when you get a chance?'

'Yeah. Be there in a sec.'

My dad showed up not too long after. I was sitting up in bed, a few tears making their way down my cheeks. He sat next to me on the bed and put his arm around me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked as he rubbed my shoulder to calm me down.

"I just feel weird about this whole thing. This room is creepy, and I just feel like now that I'm involved in your life that this is your life and Dean's life, but it isn't mine. I feel out of place."

"I understand what you're going through. It just takes time. Your mom felt the same way at first. If there's something we can do to make you feel more at home, we'll try our best to do it. I don't want to treat you like you're a little kid, but if you want, one of us will sleep on the floor in here."

"I don't know what you can do to make this feel more like home. I guess I'll just have to get used to it I guess. And that doesn't make me feel like a little kid. That lets me know you care. If you would prefer a bed tonight, I'd be totally fine with Dean sleeping in here. I don't really know him very well yet anyways."

"Ok. I'll ask him. If he says no, I'll stay in here." Sam said, then headed for the door.

"Hey dad?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks." I said with a smile

"No problem."

A while later after he got back, Dean came in with a blanket and a pillow. He made his way to the floor and laid down.

"Hey Dean, sorry to make you be without a bed tonight."

"Don't worry about it. I want you to feel comfortable here, and plus, we hardly know each other." He said. He was being completely genuine too, which was a very comforting thing to notice. "Speaking of which, I don't know why, but there's something about you that makes me feel like I can trust you. Maybe it's because you are so much like your mom, but I want to tell you about the emotions you picked up on yesterday. I need to get this out to someone. I've told Sam most of it, but I need to tell someone who is less biased."

"Look, Dean, I'm here to listen, but I don't know that I want to hear what you've been through until I can wrap my mind around what has happened in the past few days. Once I'm ready and feel like I can be present enough to listen, I'll let you know." I said "I don't want to listen if I'm not actively listening."

"Ok. That's fine. I get it. I don't want to overwhelm you."

"I hope you know I'm serious that I want to be here and listen, just I can't handle it right now with everything."

"Hey, no worries." He said compassionately. "Let's get some sleep. I'm right here on the floor if you need something."

"Goodnight Dean."

"Goodnight Alex."