Chapter 20

It was my first hunt!!! I was so freaking excited. I couldn't wait until we got to the site of our hunt, yet I was nervous as well. We assumed this was a demon based on the articles in the paper.

We arrived and my dad gave me a gun from the trunk and I stuck a blade in my coat pocket. We slowly walked in, and were surprised to not see a demon or anyone anywhere for that matter. Then I heard it. A cry for help. Behind some boxes was a lady on the ground. She was clutching her leg in pain. I was skeptical at first, but the only thing that stood out was the abundance of red lipstick she had on. I decided to try to help her. I whispered 'Christo' and nothing happened, which relieved me. As I was helping her, things went wrong very fast.

She managed to wrap her arm around my neck, and place a blade under my chin. She led me out to the boys who were still looking around for the demon who I stumbled upon. My dad started to head towards us, when she pushed the blade harder into my throat. It was getting close to where it could draw blood. He stopped in his tracks.

"What the heck are you?" Dean asked, noticing that her eyes weren't black.

"I'm something you've never seen before. I'm a special demon who can do special things." She said ominously

"Look, just let her go. You can do whatever you want to me, just let her go." My dad pleaded. She nodded and lifted him up into the air several feet with some invisible force.

"Stop!" I said with what little air I could speak with. At that, she dropped him and he hit the floor with a thud. His head hit the floor once he landed, but not enough to kill him luckily.

"Stop you b****." Dean said. she silently shook her head no. Within seconds, Dean was bound with what I gathered to be invisible chains or rope.

"Now you are gonna watch this little princess suffer." She said before letting out a demonic laugh. I showed no fear. I needed to stay focused if I was gonna get out of this. She held me so tight that I could barely breathe. I could feel my body being deprived of oxygen. It was getting hard to focus on anything.

She took the blade that she was holding to my neck, and stabbed me in the shoulder. I yelped in pain with all the breath I could muster. I managed to get my leg hooked around hers as I fell, collapsing, but not passing out from the pain. She hit the ground and Dean was no longer in chains. He ran over and used the blade to stab her in the heart. I could finally breathe again.

Dean helped me up, and I rushed over to my dad while he got his blade out of the demon.

"Dean!" I called. He ran over. He helped me carry my dad to the impala. We laid him in the backseat so that he could rest and lay down. He'd just need a couple stitches and we could hope he would wake up. When we got back, we laid him on his bed, and Dean stitched his head up.

The next day, I'm sitting next to my dad crying because I didn't know if he was gonna ever wake up. He had been out for a long time- what i deemed far to long. He ended up waking up at some point, but I didn't notice because my eyes are blurry from the wall of tears flowing from them. He wiped the tear from my cheek with his thumb which makes me turn to look at him.

"Why are you crying sweetheart? I'm fine." He says

"I was scared you were gonna die on me. You got banged up pretty bad."

"I know. I can tell I have a bit of a concussion and apparently I needed stitches. I'm ok though." He said, gesturing at his stitches.

"That's good to hear." I said as I headed to tell Dean he was up.

"Hey, don't feel like this is your fault. I would have been upset if you HADN'T checked on that woman. You had no idea what she was." I just nodded and went to get Dean.