forty eight

chapter forty eight:

"You psychopath!"
———

Everything about today was perfect. In fact, it was a bit too perfect. Sunlight felt like a warm hug on Ren's skin. He was hanging out with his friends —and girlfriend — for the first time in what felt like centuries. The birds were chirping a happy tune and the wind was dancing with the air. Today was a perfect, calm day.

But of course, the calmness wouldn't last forever.

"MJ if you don't give me back my fucking chicken sandwich I'm going to cut your achilles' tendons!," Lia screamed. The two were running around like a torpedo as he laughed maniacally with her half-finished sandwich in his grasp. "Never!," he yelled as he took another bite. She let out an offended gasp, "you monster!"

The reason that they were all gathered was to hold a redemption surprise party for Gorya after the last couple attempts were ruined. But Thyme, Gorya, Kavin, and Kaning were too tired from waking up early to see the sunrise — and to see the hidden message that Mona left Kavin.

"Vinny, get me something to use as a weapon," Lia stated with her hand open. Vinny jumped up from his seat, "on it boss!," he said in an amused tone and placed a used confetti popper in her hands. She stared at the so-called-weapon that Vinny gave her and looked at him with concern, "If this is what you think a weapon is then I fear that the Genovese family is going to be pushed out of Italy."

The boy responded by grabbing the used popper and aimed at an unsuspecting MJ, closing one eye in the process. He threw the popper at MJ — at least, Lia thought Vinny was aiming at MJ. In reality Vincent aimed at the chicken sandwich in his hands. After the popper made contact with the and sandwich, both of them fell to the floor. Lia's jaw was also on the floor, practically right next to her beloved sandwich, "you psychopath!" she yelled.

"Yeah you tell them love!," Ren said with a proud expression on his face as he watched Lia smack Vincent and MJ around.

"Alright," MJ said after they calmed down, "let's go. Kavin, get up. Give the two new lovebirds some privacy," he hinted at Gorya and Thyme on the couch. Kavin began to put his jacket on and offered Kaning a ride home which she accepted. The gang made their way out of the home, leaving Thyme and Gorya alone. Kaning and Kavin left first in his car. MJ followed on his motorcycle. Lia wanted to go with Ren but her parents were returning to Thailand and she really wanted to go pick them up with the airport. Therefore, Vinny and Lia were the last ones to leave other than Ren.

A smile was plastered on his face as he waved his girlfriend goodbye until her car wasn't noticeable anymore. He opened the drivers door to his own car before he heard the sound of a car nearby.

Ren noticed three different types of black cars pull out of the driveway. His stomach dropped. He knew that something was wrong, very wrong.

But what could it possibly be?

———a/n

baby episode :]

also READ "IF WALLS COULD TALK"!!!! thank u <3
(p.s. i forgot the cat pic for the newest chapter of that story...)

here's a meow meow!: