twenty four

chapter twenty four:

"I will get Elon to sue your ass"
———

The following day the birds chirped louder than ever before. Thyme stood in the middle of the entrance area of the zoo waiting for Gorya to arrive. His two friends, Ren and Lia, weren't far from him and stood next to a kiosk. Both of them wore matching outfits, specifically their tops were a similar dark sandy coloured button down shirts. The only difference was that Ren wore pants and Lia wore a skirt.

Nevertheless the looked great together. Normally girls would often steal glances at Ren and occasionally walk up and ask for his number but, thanks to Lia, the only attention he got from girls was envy. They were envious of the seemingly picture-perfect relationship that the two had.

"If you keep looking at me like that I'll assume that you've actually fallen in love with me," Lia said in a sing song voice whilst scrolling through her phone. Ren's jaw dropped. Was he actually staring at her that much? He didn't think so. Plus, he wasn't looking at her in any particular way... right? Even if he was, who cares? They were literally on a date and technically dating — even if it was only for a week.

"Who says I haven't?," he responded with a bold tone. He was slowly becoming confident again. Ever since the Mira incident occurred, girls were a sore spot for him. Instead of properly responding she just let out a hum, "I see someone woke up on the right side of the bed today," she turned her phone off and cupped her hands around her mouth to make herself louder, "Thyme! Gorya says she's coming in!". She received a thumbs up and watched as the other girl crept behind Thyme and practically jump scare him.

Liliana let out a laugh. Ren noticed that it was one of those laughs where her lips automatically curved upwards and her nose bridge wrinkled. He knew that was a genuine laugh from her. Since he was already admiring her laughter, he chose to also admire everything else about her from head to toe. The way her curled hair that was adorned with a white silk ribbon bounced was mesmerizing. Her skin was practically glistening with not a single blemish in sight. Everything about her made him feel weak. It was as if Lia was an adorable puppy that Ren just wanted to instinctively hug.

"What did I say about the staring?"

Once again, Ren was caught off guard.

The three couples were now standing in the center of the entrance. Telsa, Kanings boyfriend, was laughing in an annoying manner. "Hi Thyme! Hi Ren! I'm Kaning and this is my boyfriend Tesla," Kaning said gesturing between the three of them, "Tesla, this is Thyme, Gorya, Ren, and Lia," she said pointing at them respectively.

"Are you named after the car brand or Nikola Tesla?," Lia asked with curiosity.

"Who?"

She let out a sigh, "So I guess you're named after the car,"

Tesla shot her a look, "whatever, let's just go in!"

"This is going to be a disaster."

"Shit! You're a sugar daddy," Tesla called out to Thyme. Thyme was simply offering to buy Gorya a small push badger toy. To him the toy was the equivalent price as a free sauce packet. "I heard you're loaded," Tesla said in a teasing tone, "Just how rich are you? How about buying the whole booth? No, why don't you buy the entire zoo?".

Lia and Ren both let out unanimous sighs. They had been around Thyme long enough to know his personality. "Do you want to call Kavin and MJ for damage control or should I?," Lia asked before taking a sip out of her lemonade. Ren pulled out his phone and gave her a nod. He walked away from the commotion to go make the call.

"The dolphin show is starting soon, we'll meet up with you guys later, okay?" Kaning interrupted with a panicked look on her face. Gorya nodded as the other couple left them alone. "Huh, that's new," Lia mumbled. She definitely thought that Thyme was going to start a fight like he normally did. This time he kept his hands to himself even though she knew his ego must have been badly hurt by Tesla's comment. Lia quickly excused herself to go and tell Ren the good news about Thymes change in character. And, in the process, she dragged her date to go stare at the flamingos for the entirety of their trip.

When the agreed upon meeting time Ren had to forcibly drag Lia away from the animal exhibits. He quite literally had rip away her hands from the railings. Eventually she calmed down and walked like a normal person. Her hand was laced together with Ren's as they laughed about a funny action one of the chimpanzees did earlier. The two spotted Tesla and Thyme standing near the kiosks.

"Kaning's not my type. So bland. Yeah, I just wanted to switch for a change. She seemed so gullible. But Kaning's friend... what's her name? Gorya or something, she's really cute. If I'd met her first, I would've gone for her, not Kaning," Tesla chatted loudly into his phone. He must have sensed he was being watched because he turned around to face Thyme, Ren, and Lia all staring at him. Their gazes were enough to make his skin crawl but he still attempted to excuse his way out of the situation, "What? I bet you don't even like her that much. You're like me, Thyme, aren't you? Nail and bail. Hey, can I do her next?".

And that was all it took for Thyme to swing at him. Tesla fell to the floor and Thyme continued to swing punches his way. Ren jumped in to try and separate the two but wasn't much help. After all, Ren thought that Tesla deserves it so he didn't make much of an effort to espérate the fight.

"I will get Elon to sue your ass!" Liliana yelled as she grabbed a coke bottle out of the hands of a stranger — who she promised to buy another for — and dumped it on to Tesla's head. That was enough for the two to separarte. Kaning and Gorya came rushing in. Thyme grabbed Gorya's hand and began running off whilst Kaning got on her knees to check if Tesla was okay, "what is wrong with you guys?" she screamed.

Liliana and Ren made eye contact, "I think we should call damage control again..."

———a/n

Hello :) Just wanted to do a bit of self promotion and say if you maybe possibly sort of like my writing style and/or want to see me write other fan fictions then perhaps you could follow me? :>

also if I was to do a mini book just about Vincent's life before/ his backstory, would you be interested? not saying I am... but an outline may be sitting in my drafts.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!! LONG LIVE THE FLAMINGOS 🦩