seventeen

chapter seventeen:

Thyme gets punched
———

"Gorya!" Hana called out to her friend. The two of them had just left the others after Gorya became infuriated with their constant teasing. The boys thought it was a funny idea to constantly make innuendos about her and Thyme and she didn't feel like listening to them anymore. "What's the story of what's going on between you and Thyme?" asked Hana.

"It's nothing! People just keep misunderstanding."

Hana nodded, "but you at least must be enjoying this more than when you got the red card right?"

Gorya was about to question what she meant by that statement but was interrupted by Thyme yelling her name across the cafeteria. He was still sitting in the top section on one of the couches whilst leaning over the railing, "Don't forget to take your medicine!". She responded by letting out an agitated huff and dragging Hana with her out of the doors of the cafeteria building.

Thyme returned to the conversations that his friends were having, although, it wasn't much of a conversation at all. MJ and Kavin were speaking amongst themselves about the Thyme and Gorya situation whilst Lia and Vin seemed to be having a deep conversation completely lost in their own thoughts. Thyme noticed how her eyebrows were wrinkled with worry and her lips were in a pout — she looked like she was about to cry. Vincent sat next to her holding her head up with his hands. He was whispering reassuring words in hopes of calming down Lia's panic attack that was surfacing.

"Lia are you okay?," Kavin asked with a concerned look on his face. He and MJ paused their conversation after hearing her constant deep breaths. Lia nodded and Vin gave both of them a small smile, "Sometimes Li just needs a second to come back to earth, you know?".

Thyme stood there like an idiot. Normally he would be the one comforting Lia. Or at the very least, he would be the one to ask if she was okay. But after the awful things he said to her yesterday — which he had apologized for repeatedly — their friendship became strained. Roses, jewelry, shoes, dresses, chocolates, and basically anything he could find that would typically impress a girl was sent to Lia's house as  gifts. Unfortunately for him, he forgot that Lia wasn't like any other girl he had ever met. She had the ability to buy everything he had sent her. And so much more. Money and materialistic things did not impress her.

Once Lia had calmed down Kavin and MJ decided to pry away at Thyme. "If you're just playing around with Gorya we're fine with it but if you're serious about her, your life will be very complicated. Your family will definitely disapprove," MJ told him.

"So what?"

Kavin sighed, "Thyme, whenever you get in trouble we have to fix it for you. We're not stopping you or anything. We're just saying don't be hasty, don't jump in headfirst... that's all,". Thyme knew deep down that his friends were telling the truth. Gorya was in a completely different level than the rest of them. She still worried about whether she would be able to make ends meet every week whilst they were fortunate enough to blow their money on the dumbest things. But something in him told him to completely ignore this part of him.

On top of everything, his mother would definitely not approve of Gorya.

Liliana and Vincent had become quite the pairing at Köcher High. They were currently walking in wearing, once again, black and white complementary outfits and chatting away about some new Italian restaurant that opened up down the road. Vinny was, of course, wanting to go to criticize it in case it "disgraced his heritage". Although it seemed like they were in a romantic relationship from an outsiders point of view, their actual relationship was quite different. Vin was more like Lia's emotional support animal. He followed her around mostly out of concern which was understandable since she seemed to be a little unstable. Just the night before Lia had finally told him about the things Thyme had told her. Needless to say, Vincent was livid but he pretended to calm his temper to not worry her.

The two of them were currently walking into the cafeteria to meet up with their friend group. When they reached the cafeteria they spotted Gorya amidst a crowd. They walked towards her as the other students parted to make a path for them.

"What the fuck," whispered Lia when she saw the mural of photos of Gorya hanging out in a club with an older man.

"It's not what it looks like Lia I swear," Gorya said in her defense. She tried to approach Lia but was stopped when Vincent moved his arm from her shoulders down to Lia's waist. He still wasn't exactly fond of Gorya and was definitely not getting the best impression of her after seeing her pictures.

Gorya's mind went blank when she heard footsteps behind her. Thyme was now looking at the pictures of Gorya on the wall in disgust.

The crowd began to whisper insults about Gorya: "What's up with her? she's so shameless", "I can't believe she talks to F4", "Wasn't she dating Thyme?", "Why would Lia ever want to hang out with her?". Rumors and obscenities kept flying around from everyone in the vicinity.

"STOP!" yelled Thyme. Of course, everyone was obedient and immediately closed their mouths and kept quiet. "What have you done?" he whispered in a painful tone.

"I haven't done anything!"

"No? So what is all of this?," Thyme said pointing at the mural. "I've been framed! Believe me!" Gorya pleaded.

Thyme picked a photo off of the wall and held it up for everyone to see. Clearly the photo was of Gorya, there was no denying it. His eyes pierced into her soul before speaking, "then tell me, is this photoshopped? you didn't know any better? What's your excuse, huh? Look at the evidence, do you think I'm that stupid?!!". Gorya's eyes began to waver. She was so confident at the beginning that her friends would believe her but now she wasn't so sure. Not after seeing how Thyme's angry eyes and Lia's disgusted reaction.

"I thought you were different! Are you telling me your just another easy girl like everyone else that's here?!?"

And then Vinny did the only logical thing he could think of: he punched Thyme in the face.

———a/n

God i fucking love Vincent so much for that <3