thirty

chapter thirty:

"She would be the woman I'm leaving you for"
———

The sunlight bursted into the little home the second that Vinny appeared. Rays of sun decorated the living room and provided a sense of warmth and security. It made the tense environment feel more familiar. Vincent, however, did not match the sun. He stood there in an all black outfit with completely disheveled hair that he managed to barley make presentable just moments before.

"Aren't you going to take the bag?"

Gorya snapped out of her thoughts at the sound of his voice. She took the bag of desserts and thanked him. Typically, she would refuse someone spending any form of money on her — especially when it came to an obnoxious amount of macaroons that she knew she could never finish on her own — but the entire situation felt too unreal.

"I guess this is my cue to leave," Roselyn said standing up. Her two bodyguards walked behind her on the way to the door, "Vincent, I hope you're doing well," she said giving him a small nod. He gave her a thumbs up in response as he and the rest of Gorya's family watched Roselyn exit the home.

"Why is she so nice to you?," Gorya's mother asked in a shocked voice that was barley over a whisper.

Vinny shrugged his shoulders, "I have no idea,".

Kavin was anxiously waiting in the booth at a restaurant. A girl sat in front of him sipping away on her drink. She was staring intently at Kavin — practically studying his every move. Their food had arrived and all that Kavin had to do was wait for the correct timing. He was actually hoping that the girl-who's-name-he-forgot would bring up the fact that he hadn't payed much attention to her in the past few days. In fact, he hoped she would accuse him of cheating. That would perfectly set him up.

But she never did bring it up. She just continued to talk about dresses and bags she saw in catalogs that she liked but couldn't afford. It was obvious that she was practically begging for him to buy them.

Nevertheless, Kavin was running out of time. He told Lia to specifically come into the restaurant and approach him at 4:30 and it was currently 4:22. If this plan was going to go as smoothly as it used to go in the past, he needed to think of something quickly.

A large, tactical sigh escaped his mouth. He dropped his cutlery abruptly in order to get the attention of the girl. It definitely worked since she began to speak in a worried tone, "Kavin? What's wrong? Did the food taste bad?". He made eye contact with her before responding, "Look, I can't do this anymore. I've been seeing another woman. We have to break up,". She furrowed her eyebrows in anger and quickly crossed her arms over her chest, "really? then who's this new woman? Is she prettier than me?"

On cue the french doors of the restaurant were held open by the doormen and Liliana entered. Lia was a pretty girl, there was no doubt about it, but Kavin had convinced her to doll up even more than she usually did. That explained her attire which consisted of a black corseted dress that had a feathery tulle skirt and a pair of simple, black Christian Loubiton heels. Her makeup and hair were done to perfection and her neck was adorned with a Vivienne Westwood pearl necklace. She carried a simple egg-shell colored mini birkin bag. The sound of her footsteps created a musical rhythm as she approached their table.

"Kavin!," Lia squealed in an excited tone. The boy in question was caught off guard by her acting skills. Somehow Liliana was able to look at him in complete adoration. He truly felt like she actually had fallen in love with him. Alas, he knew it was all a lie.

"She," Kavin said pointing to Lia, "would be the woman I'm leaving you for,". The girls jaw dropped in shock as she stared between Lia and Kavin.

Eventually she composed herself and smugly looked at them, "I don't believe you. Someone already told me that you used to do this before, Kavin. I'm not falling for it unless you prove it,". Liliana laughed loudly at her comment, "that's precious! Even if I wasn't dating Kavin —which I am by the way— it doesn't mean that you're magically still going to be together again,".

Kavin nodded, "Yeah! What she said!"

That must have been enough to rule up the girl because she let out a loud huff and stormed out of the restaurant. Kavin gave Liliana a high five and thanked her again. He picked up his coat and was ready to make his way back to his car to go home.

"Woah woah woah, you're not leaving just yet," Lia called after him. "What do you mean?," he asked as Lia caught up to him.

"You, sir, owe me. I don't give favors out for free," she said wiggling her eyebrows. Kavin couldn't help but laugh. He agreed though and allowed her to push him out of the restaurant.

The two of them were sitting in the leather seats on Kavin's car. Music was playing in a volume that was just above the sound of a pin drop. Lia took out gum from her bag and offered Kavin a piece — which he gladly accepted. It was silent between the two of them. Come to think of it, Kavin and Lia rarely spoke to each other one-on-one. Vinny and MJ always seemed to be there. After a long silence Kavin spoke up, "Where to Miss?,"he said in a terrible attempt at a British accent.

Lia suppressed a laugh and also did her best attempt at a British accent, "I think today would be a great day to learn about tea, don't you think dear?"

"right-o!"

And the two bursted out in laughter for what felt like the hundredth time that day.

———a/n
I love when I get notifications of new readers comments because I can tell exactly where they are in the story and it's funny to me. :)