thirty three

chapter thirty three:

"I have a strange feeling about this"
———

The air smelled like wood chips and dust in Thymes new home. After he had a fought with his mother the day before he decided to purchase a house right across from Gorya to "help her". Thyme thought this decision was genius — his friends, not so much. Ren, Kavin, MJ, Lia, and Vinny we're all sat on a tiny blanket on the floor of his house. They were crowded around a small coffee table. The owner of the house was sitting on top of his counter in the kitchen and complaining about how grand his birthday party was going to be this year.

"It's just another birthday, Why does it have to be so big?," Thyme complained.

"It's not surprising," Kavin retorted, "This is an important event for the Paramaanatras. All the high level petiole will be there, and you're about to graduate. Your mom probably wants you to be involved in the business,".

"I have a strange feeling about this," Ren said without much thought.

Everyone began to ponder the possibilities of something going terribly wrong at the party. Thankfully, before one of them could have an existential crisis, MJ spoke up, "Whatever! Why did you bring us here anyway?". Just an hour before Thyme had called his friend over for an urgent matter. "Well," Thyme said scratching his head in an attempt to come up with a good excuse, "it's a housewarming party!"

"Aren't you supposed to do that after you've moved in? There is literally a tent in your home just for decor, I think you and I have different ideas of when to throw party," Lia mumbled.

"Ahh," Ren nodded in faux understanding, "so why are we actually here?". They all stared at their friend who was desperately trying to come up with another excuse. Unfortunately for him, his brain cells must have clocked out for the day because he couldn't think of anything plausible. He seemed to give up and eventually told the truth, "I'm here to protect Gorya and I can't keep asking her for help all the time. If I run into trouble here, you'll have to help me, okay?"

The audacity Thyme had was shocking to Kavin. Nevertheless he waved it off, "whatever, where's the party? We're starving here!" MJ nodded before beginning to complain about the lack of food he had. Similar to schoolchildren, Thymes friends began to unanimously complain about his lack of refreshments. Their cries of hunger stopped once they were shushed.

"Okay! Wait a minute! Stop whining, I'll cook. You guys find something to do."

"I'll go play with the dust bunnies in the tent then," Vinny announced before standing up and heading towards the small tent right next to them.

"There's no food, no entertainment... This truest is a luxury home," Kavin stated sarcastically.

As Thyme cooked them a large pot of Ramen noodles, Lia's phone began to ring. Normally she would ignore it but when she checked the caller ID it displayed her fathers name. She excused herself from the house and went outside to take the call.

Meanwhile, inside the boys were all feasting on the ramen — minus Vinny who seemed to have passed out from exhaustion. If it was any other person sleeping then they would have been forcefully awoken but there Vinny was, completely out of it. They would never admit it but Vinny terrified them.

"Wow! It looks better than I thought!," MJ complimented.

Everything felt like a scene out of a teenage movie. The laughter of the boys felt like an absolute bliss. The food was great, surprisingly, and the TV show that Thyme had introduced them to was entertaining. They finally felt like they were teenagers. For that split second they no longer worried about their statuses, their appearance, or their predestinated futures — all they focused on was ramen and the girl slapping her cheating husband on the television.

"Vincent," Lia calmly stated when she came back into the house. In a pavlov response, Vinny instantly awoke from his slumber. "We have to go, now." He nodded and picked up his keys as the two ushered out of the cramped home without uttering a single goodbye. The members of F4 were left confused at the sudden change of mood. Perhaps this is why Ren decided to excuse himself and follow after the two of them in hopes of figuring out what triggered their change of emotions.

An angry girl stormed into the Parama's mansion with ferocious steps echoing throughout the building. She somehow managed to push aside the men guarding Roselyns office and welcomed herself in. Vincent was right at her heels. He stood behind her assuring that none of the guards would lay a single malicious finger on her.

"What the fuck did you tell my parents?," Lia said fuming. Roselyn quietly closed the folder of paperwork she was reading and made eye contact with her, "It was simply an offer, I see nothing wrong with making a business allegiance,".

"That doesn't exactly tell me what you said to make them so aggravated."

Ren walked into the office with more composure than the two others. He received a silent stare of confusion from Vinny but he kept on moving and approached the desk where the two women were conversing.

"I want you to marry Thyme."

———a/n

Tomorrow is the last episode! :(

ALSO, I have a charity event tomorrow so i'll either update late or won't update at all :<