six

chapter six:

"I feel like a kid in the middle of a custody battle"
———

Gorya was on the verge of tears. She had gone to school earlier that morning in the brand new shoes that her parents had given her the night before. Unfortunately, some students decided that it would be funny to kick her shoe around until she eventually reached the abandoned Köcher stadium on the outskirts of the school's campus. Her luck must
be awful today because her shoe was picked up by the very boy that gave her the ominous red card that had caused her bullying. Thyme locked eyes with her and began to cut her brand new shoes with a blade he kept in his pocket. Thus, Gorya was on the verge of tears.

The distraught girl took her shoe out of a trash bin that Thyme had thrown it in and put it back on her foot before promptly kicking him in the abdomen. Thyme was knocked over on to the floor and Gorya was now on top of him. The collar of his shirt was firmly in her grasp. She was absolutely ready to kick the living shit out of him.

"Can someone explain to me what the fuck is going on here?"

Everyone at the scene turned to look at the direction of the voice. On the dirt path leading to the stadium stood Liliana lowering her signature Chanel shades. She raised her eyebrows and looked between her two new friends that were laying on the concrete floor. Gorya was mid swing of her punch but had stopped to look at Liliana, Thyme was also looking in her direction. "I feel like a kid in the middle of a custody battle," she mumbled.

MJ, Kavin, and Ren did there best to hold in their laughs. Kavin even went as far as to squat down with his hand over his mouth to make sure no sound would escape. Gorya's eyes looked behind her friend and she resulted in her running off. The rest of the students dispersed as well once they heard a school administrator yell. Everyone ran in different directions and it kind of reminded Lia of that one scene in Ratatouille.

When the crowd eventually were completely out of the area the F4 boys looked back at the place where Lia stood only to find that the girl had also disappeared.

Kavin was on a face to face call with some girl who's name he couldn't be bothered to remember. He was sitting on the couch trying to convince Ren to fool around with the two girls on the call. Ren wasn't interested and promptly hung up the phone before continuing his sketch.

Before Kavin could protest MJ spoke, "You're taking this too lightly. The clip of Thyme being kicked has been spread all over the internet, look". MJ threw his phone at the other two. "So?," began Kavin, "The video only shows Thyme being kicked. People will just attack that girl".

"Look Carefully."

After scrolling down Kavin began to see the issue. People were beginning to rebel against F4 and the game that they played with the student body. One tweet in particular caught his eye, "is that who I think it is?" MJ got up and sat next to Kavin on the couch to look at the screen, "How is Liliana everywhere??"

Ren paused his sketch to look at the phone screen and began to read out the tweet. "Lia says, 'I think we may have a faulty ref. that red card was uncalled for'". MJ's eyes widened when he saw the hundreds of thousands of likes and retweets. At least she didn't blatantly out Thyme and put him on blast. That would have been disastrous.

Ren returned to his sketch book and the other two conversed about what Thyme could do to get out of this mess. It was a no brainer that this small event would barley make a dent in his reputation. Thymes' mother wouldn't allow it and would do damage control anyways. "What do you think Thyme will do, Ren?" Ren closed his sketchbook and turned to look at his two best friends with a distressed face, "How do you say 'how are you' in French?". The other two sighed out of annoyance. They should have known better than to expect him to be listening.

"...how about in German?" Ren asked under his breath.

Lia was blowing up Gorya's phone with various text messages and phone call attempts. None of them were answered. She was beginning to panic, Lia was really worried about her friend. When Gorya left the scene she tried to follow behind her to ask her what happened but she lost Gorya in the crowd.

Due to being in a completely desperate state she did the only thing she could possibly think of: message Ren. Now I know what you're thinking, what does Ren have to do with any of this? Lia is an intelligent person... occasionally. She knew that Ren was friends with Thyme so her plan was to ask Ren for Thymes address. After all, Thyme was also involved in the incident so he would be able to tell her what had happened and why Gorya looked like she wanted to beat the living shit out of him. Lia could have simply messaged Thyme and asked him — they did exchange numbers after she saw his temper tantrum the night before — but didn't feel like talking to the boy. She didn't want to do anything rash that could jeopardize her friendship.

Ren responded to her fairly quickly with the location of Thymes house. It was a little funny to her that he didn't ask her why she wanted to know Thymes address but she dismissed it as one of Ren's quirks.

When she reached the estate she parked right in front of the main entrance of the mansion. She slammed her car door shut and opened the huge french doors with a large push. A maid that was working nearby looked surprised to see her.

Liliana smiled delicately at the woman, "Hello, could you please point me in the direction of where Thyme is please? I have something important to discuss with him."

"Liliana?" a voice stated from the balcony above her, "what are you doing here?" She lifted her head to make eye contact with him.

"Thyme! Just the backstabber I wanted to see."

——— a/n
1074 words

There's this one scene that I'm so excited to write (it was the main reason why i began this book) but I can't do it yet because i have to go in chronological order >:(