fifty three: the end

chapter fifty three:

Kai
———

Two years had passed by since the incident. Everything after that point was smooth sailing, well, for the most part that is.

Vincent was incredibly late.

The elevator he was on dinged to indicate he had finally reached his desired floor —which so happened to be the top floor. Vinny quickly rushed out of the elevator and opened the door to his penthouse. He began to loosen his black Prada tie and unbutton his white dress shirt as the sounds of his shoes hitting the marble covered halls echo loudly behind him. Dramatically, he swings open the large, wooden french doors that lead to his bedroom. "Fuck fuck fuck," he mumbled to himself as he sprinted to his closet. An outpour of designer clothing was being thrown around the entirety of the closet. Vinny missed the days where Lia would select all of his clothes for him. Especially now that he had no idea what to wear to such an important event.

He groaned for the hundredth time that day as he left his closet exhausted and defeated. Vinny made his way to sit down on his bed in hopes of coming up with a solution when he noticed it. On the corner of his bed resided a set of neatly placed clothes clothes, all of which were in separate dry cleaning bags. A pink sticky note was plastered on top of one of the bags. Vinny picked up the note, "I don't trust your ability to pick out your own clothes, especially not on a day like today. So I decided to pick out your outfit one last time. Love, Lia,". He let out a chuckle and stared down at the clothing.

"Thank god for that woman."

White lilies and orchids were strategically placed at the entrance of the venue to embrace the guests with a loving welcome. The rest of the venue was adorned with roses and a variety of different vines and ferns. Cascading down from the high ceilings we're about a dozen chandeliers that were made especially for the event. Everything at the venue seemed pristine.

It was definitely a wedding that would be remembered for centuries. After all, it was one of the most exclusive events.

The long, yet quick, ceremony was finally coming to an end. Lia could be more excited. In just a few minutes the person she was looking at wasn't going to be her boyfriend or fiancé, she was going to be looking at her husband.

"Do you, Liliana Nakamura, take Renrawin Aira to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"And do you, Reneawin Aira, take Liliana Nakamura to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"With the power vested in me, I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Aira-Nakamura. You may kiss the bride."

Ren felt like the entire world had been taken off of his shoulders. He held Lia, no, he held his wife's face in his hands as he bet down to kiss her. Tears had begun to spring into Lia's eyes but she dismissed them and decided to focus on the love of her life standing in front of her.

"Till death do us part," Lia whispered at a level that was only audible to Ren. His smile increased, "Till death do us part."

A see through crystal piano was perched on a risen platform in the corner of the venue. The pianist who had played during the actual ceremony had left around an hour ago. Something inside him made Vinny gravitate towards the piano. He sat down on the bench and firmly placed his foot on the pedal, his fingers were hovering over the keys. Slowly he began to play a familiar tune.

It was the song Claire de Lune. The very piano piece that had brought Vinny and Lia together as friends in the first place.

The sounds emoting from the piano caused the crowd of people to fall into hushed voices. They all surrounded the piano and began to bathe in the melodic sounds that were drifting through the venue.