forty nine

chapter forty nine:

"could I ask for a favor?"
———

Gorya was walking back to her home after she left Thyme's house. She was speaking with her mother, who was still residing in the countryside, on the phone. Her hands were swinging as she slowly walked up the street. Her feet came to a stop when she noticed Ren standing in front of her house, staring at it with a concerned look.

"Mom, I have to go. I'll call you back later," she said as she hung up her phone. The boy heard her and quickly walked towards her. He stood in front of her, "Gorya, let's go somewhere else." The look of horror on his face made it blatant that something was wrong. Very wrong. She pushed her way past him and ran to her house.

She was greeted with several workers chucking all of her personal items off the balcony. Her entire life was now on the side of the road in complete disarray. Gorya was infuriated and so, after trying to stop the workers from kicking her out of her home, she wept. She wept at the fact that her parents had struggled just to afford her living in that home. She wept at the fact that she no longer had a place to call home.

The sound of four different sets of cutlery hitting against plates sounded like home to Liliana. Her parents were finally home after a couple of months traveling around different countries in Europe for business. She was excited to see her parents again.

Vinny was currently chatting away with the Nakamura couple. They were laughing lightheartedly at the jokes that Vinny was making. Lia smiled and took another bite of her salad. She felt her phone buzz on the table next to her plate. Silently, she turned it on and read the text message that Ren had sent her. The text she received told her about Gorya being kicked out of her house by nine other than Thyme's mother. Lia gripped her phone and forwarded the same text to Vinny. She gestured for him to pick up his phone which he reluctantly did. After skimming through the message he looked up and made eye contact with her. They both shared a known look and gave each other a slight nod.

Although her pride wouldn't allow her to admit it, somethings she just simply couldn't do on her own accord. Lia knew that she could always rely on the help — and power — of her family to resolve conflicts.

"Mom, dad," Lia said causing her parents to turn their heads in her direction, "could I ask for a favor?" The couple stared at each other in confusion before looking back at their daughter and nodding, "of course you may mi flor!," her mother exclaimed.

"Then could you isolate someone from the social world for me?"

"Of course."

———a/n

tiny chap! if you follow me then you already know that I have exams all this week so I won't be uploading as much! please excuse my lack of uploads!

I will also start slowly editing just the first few chapters. My editing process isn't just solely reliant on grammar but it will also include adding new scenes and a stronger imagery & overarching story but that won't really affect the first few chapters that much.

thanks for reading!

moo: