sixteen

chapter sixteen:

"Suddenly I'm paying attention"
———

"So are you guys dating?"

"Yeah" "No" stated Thyme and Lia at the same time.

The two turned to look at each other, "wait," MJ interrupted, "I meant Thyme and Gorya... But now that you mention it, is there something going on between you guys, Liliana and Vincent?".

"I'm not dating Thyme!" exclaimed Gorya in frustration. Poor Hana sat next to her with her hand clutching her textbooks. Hana looked incredibly uncomfortable around the others. She was looking at her lap for the majority of time time except whenever she sneakily took glances at Thyme. "I'm very much not dating anyone," Lia stated.

"Good," Thyme said under his breath before exclaiming loudly, "You don't have to lie Gorya".

"So... you're forcing her?" Kavin said in response to Thyme. MJ nodded, "That makes sense".

"How does that make sense?" questioned Gorya. The two boys just looked at one another and sighed. Vin raised his hand, "I too would like to know this, I'm extremely lost right now,". A glare was shot in his direction by Thyme. Thyme thought it wasn't Vincent's business at all. Why the fuck did it matter to him? He didn't know why but he did not like Vincent at all. Vincent just seemed to not be the best guy in his opinion. No one even formally introduced him to Vin and he didn't want to get to know him. Not even a little bit.

"Well Gorya likes Ren but she still decided to go on a date with Thyme. I really just don't want any of my friends to fight," Kavin explained nonchalantly. Vincent could feel Lia tense up at the mention of the date. He made a mental note to ask her about it later if she was in a good mood and felt comfortable enough to share. In order to calm her down in the moment he decided to trace an infinity symbol on her shoulders which, eventually, did work. Of course, this tactic earned another glare from Thyme.

"That's rich coming from the king of multi-dating," retorted MJ. This earned a shove from Kavin, "shut up like you're any better than I am".

"Guys stop! Can't you seen Gorya is uncomfortable? Please just give her some respect," Thyme said.

The mouths of the two other F4 members and Lia were wide open, "Shit," they said in unison before clapping. "You've finally grown up!" exclaimed MJ resulting in a laugh from Lia and Kavin. Vincent, Gorya, and Hana were completely lost in what was going on. Sure, they had connections with one another and were basically acquaintances with the others for the most part but it still felt odd. They felt like outsiders looking in to something that was unattainable to them. The F4 group and Liliana were out of this world and no matter how hard they tried to understand them it seemed impossible. Vinny was lucky enough to understand Lia but the other three he couldn't fathom.

"Are you guys being sarcastic?" Thyme questioned. Lia simply nodded her head and Kavin spoke up for them, "Alright I'm sorry, I'm just worried about you guys. If you don't cross the line then it's good,".

"We will never cross that line," assured Gorya. She and Thyme began to debate the possibility of them dating or even gaining any form of romantic attraction for one another.

Suddenly Gorya sneezed.

"Wow did you catch a cold from me? Do you need medicine?" Thyme asked with a concerned tone. She denied ever catching a cold and especially not catching one from him.

"How could you have not caught a cold? You spent the night with me."

Liliana exploded in a fit of coughing. She eventually calmed down after Vinny gave her some water and patted her back. "Suddenly I'm paying attention," MJ said whilst leaning forward towards Thyme. Kavin nodded his head at his friends statement.

"Guys it's not what you think!" Gorya defended. But at this point the voices of her friends were beginning to drown out as Lia sat in silence on the couch. Her surroundings became desaturated as she began to disassociate slowly. She wasn't quite sure what to feel anymore. Should she be happy for Thyme that he found someone he liked and possibly spent the night with? Or should she feel distraught that he had done that? Lia didn't know anymore. Not after the atrocities that Thyme had spewed at her the night before in the courtyard.

Liliana slowly began to realize why it took so long for Ren to come back to the group after he fought with Thyme.

———a/n

i wasn't going to write anymore today but I saw a comment that asked me to and it made my ego go up so here's a mini chapter! the next one is going to be very fun for me to write... >:)

Also this fanfic is finally almost done with episode four!!!! and almost at 10k reads!!! that's insane :)