five

chapter five:

"Should I give you the number to my anger management class?"
———

The music was uncomfortably loud as Kavin and MJ conversed in the pool house. "He's made quite a mess," said Kavin, referring to Ren's incident that lead to the entire school flooding. A girl sitting on the couch next to Kavin attempted to steal his attention away but was interrupted by the sound of Thyme screaming as he threw a group of school boys into the pool.

In true Thyme fashion, he was furious. But then again, when wasn't he? When he discovered that the three boys that were supposed to harass Gorya failed he went ballistic and practically drowned them. He couldn't believe that they had failed and his plan was destroyed by Ren, the very guy who was one of his best friends. The only reason he stopped his murder attempt was because MJ managed to calm him down for just a moment. "Seriously," began MJ, "you've gone too far Thyme".

For a split second it felt like Thyme was beginning to understand why giving a red card to the girl was an issue. His guilt didn't last long once he heard a maid tell him that his mother had returned from her travels. Thyme angrily pushed MJ away and followed the maid to the dinning room.

In the seating room of the house sat Thyme's mother, Roselyn, answering the interview questions from the American journalist in front of her.

"Next question, it was reported that you just severed ties with one of your long term supporters, don't you think that was a bit ruthless?"

Roselyn gave a small smile, "In the past my business was run like a family. But I suppose now it's more like a football match, if a player causes trouble to the team, you have to give them a red card". The journalist nodded, satisfied with her response.

"Okay last question, now that you've begun to broaden your business partner relationships, can we expect a partnership of some sort with Hikaru Nakamura's Cipher industries? I heard his family has recently made settled in Thailand."

This was the question Roselyn dreaded because there was no way she could possibly tell the whole world that she wasn't good friends with the Nakamuras. If she stated that then the public and high class society would view her as a joke. "I can't confirm or deny if we have anything in the works with Cipher industries but I can say that my Real Estate agency fully supports Nakamura's business adventures."

At the large dinning room table sat Thyme and his mother, both at opposite ends. Roselyn asked her son what he had been doing recently out of curtesy. She didn't really need to ask, after all, there were people watching him 24/7. He grumbled out a vague answer. Tension at the dinner table increased when a maid spilt Roselyn's wine and was fired on the spot.

"Thyme I know about the game you play at school and how you've been getting into some trouble over it," she swirled her glass of wine, "I don't care what you do but if you can't rule a school you won't be able to control anything when you grow up". Thyme nodded as he continued to play wound with the two tiny pieces of bread on his plate.

After a long silence Roslyn spoke up again, "I heard there's a new transfer student at your school". Thyme wondered to himself: why would she care about that? Didn't she have better things to do?

"You should befriend her Thyme, after all her father seems to be the owner of Cipher industries."

The sound of his car going way above the speed limit was the only thing that seemed to be calming Thyme down. So of course when another car attempted to overtake him his emotions, or rather his ego, got the better of him. In short, Thyme had somehow managed to drag occupants of the other car and began to beat them. He finally stopped when he began to feel out of breath. His arms felt sore and his knuckles were red. The sound of another car pulling up to the scene broke him out of his trance.

"Well isn't this a lovely way to meet again!" Thyme spun around to see the girl that had insulted him the day before get out of the car. This girl was Liliana Nakamura? There was no way that she was actually at his school and especially no way that she was the girl in front of him. He refused to believe it, especially after his mother confirmed what Kavin had texted them earlier in the group chat. Surely there must have been another girl that transferred around the same time.

Lia looked around at the two unconscious individuals on the road, "should I give you the number to my anger management class? It looks like you need it". Thyme let out a scream. Even though he wasn't sure if the girl in front of him was who everyone said she was, he wasn't taking any chances at harming with her. "What the fuck do you want? Can't you see I'm busy? Who even are you anyway?"

A small chuckle escaped her lips as she stared at Thyme with a mischievous look in her eyes. "How rude of me," Lia exclaimed as she sticks her hand out towards him, "I'm Liliana Nakamura, it's a pleasure to meet you. Something tells me we'll be great friends, Thyme".

——— a/n

two updates in one day??? someone stop me