twenty eight

chapter twenty eight:

"Could I ask you a favor?"
———

Roselyn didn't know how to feel. She wasn't sure whether she should have been proud of her son for choosing such great friends or intimidated by the friends he chose. Although she was a cruel woman, Roselyn was not an idiot. She knew she would have to tiptoe around Vincent and Liliana.

"It's a pleasure to meet the both of you," she said with a tight-lipped smile, "How exactly did you become friends?,".

"I watched Thyme beat up some strangers in a fit of road rage and Vinny became friends with him after he punched Thyme,".

Roselyn raised her eyebrows in surprise, that certainly was a unique way of meeting. "Well I hope you both can continue to be good friends with him," she says sending Thyme a stern stare before leaving the room and closing the door.

Vincent turned to look at Thyme and shot him a playful grin, "you make a lot of sense now,".

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Thymes friends all looked at each other before bursting out laughing. Thyme wanted to be angry, he really did, but he felt appreciative that his friends were able to distract him from the chaos that his mother would soon ensue.

The weekend went by astronomically quickly. It consisted of the gang of friends spent every waking moment together, Thymes mother constantly pampering the two "new recruits" to get on their good side, and an unthinkable amount of money spent on food. It seemed as if they all made the conclusive decision to not let Thyme alone whilst his mother was still in Thailand.

In fact, the day before all of them went out with Gorya to an arcade. It seemed to be the first time that the F4 boys had gone to one, or at least they hadn't gone in a while, because they seemed completely out of their element. Vincent immediately ran off as soon as they entered the building pulling Lia along with him. He was incredibly excited to play one of the shooting games.

"For the last time V, you can't ask a child to try and win against you in a shooting game!," Lia said in a tired tone. "Why not? I'm not harming anyone!"

"You're literally cheating, idiot. You've known how to shoot a gun since you were old enough to hold your head up by yourself," she whispered back. Vinny grumbled and crossed his arms across his chest in a protesting manner, "It's not cheating Li! I'm just using my talents!"

Liliana was sitting in her car in the parking lot feeling an extreme sense of dejavú as she watched MJ and Kavin be bombarded by a hoard of girls at the entrance of the school. She got out of the car and felt a sense of comfort when she felt the arm of her best friend around her shoulder, "I already want to go home," Vinny whined which received a laugh from Lia.

As the two walked towards the entrance the crowd began to disperse just enough to let them through. A couple of the girls whispered about Vincent and how attractiveness was which made her gag a little on the inside. Vinny didn't seem to mind the stares and whispers though, he just smiled and kept walking as if half of the student body wasn't watching his every move.

"Hey Lia! Vinny!" MJ yelled as Kavin waved hello to them excitedly. And there it was: the major difference between today and the first day of school. Lia was no longer alone. She now had a whole group of friends that she could rely on.

Vinny let his arm fall off of her shoulder as he went off to go speak with MJ though it was less speaking and more teasing over the amount of times MJ lost to Vin in darts.

"Lia," Kavin said which actively snapped her out of her thoughts. "Yes?," she said approaching him. He leaned down to whisper something in her ear.

"Could I ask you a favor?"

Liliana wasn't sure how to feel about favors anymore. Not after what Ren asked her last time.

———a/n

short chapter because i was convinced to post today's chapter yesterday and didn't have time to write today </3

We're halfway through ep 7 timeline wise!!