forty three

chapter forty three:

hiding behind a telephone pole
———

"Hi Ren"

Ren was sat on the couch halfway done chewing a pastry. He blinked a couple of times before he process that she, the girl he had missed for a month, was standing right in front of him. Quickly, he swallowed the remaining food in his mouth and began rushing towards the girl. He engulfed her in an embrace which she gladly returned. Due to their height difference, Ren's head was resting on top of Lia's. Lightly, he kissed the top of her head and let go of their hug. They made eye contact with each other, both wearing the dopiest grins that could be imagined.

He placed a hand on her cheek and began to lean down to places his lips on hers. She practically melted into him as he smiled into the kiss. Gosh, how she missed the feeling of his lips.

"What is it? Make-Vincent-feel-single day?," Vinny murmured as he made his way across the room to greet MJ and Kavin, "Believe it or not, this is the second couple I've accidentally encountered today," he said to them. Lia parted from the kiss, lightly biting Ren's bottom lip and pulling it before letting it go. She quickly took off one of her shoes and threw it at Vincent's direction, "not the time!" she threatened in Italian. Vincent hid behind Kavin. At least he attempted to. Vinny was much taller than Kavin. His hiding attempt looked like he was trying to hide behind a telephone pole and failing, miserably.

"Abuse! Abuse! Help Kavin, MJ! She's trying to beat my ass!" Vinny cried out. MJ was too busy laughing to speak. Kavin was being used as a human shield against Lia, who was chasing after him.

After a while, Lia gave up trying to chase Vinny and picked up her shoes. She went back to where Ren stood, next to the entrance of the room, and began slipping on her shoes.

The entire scene made Ren feel at peace. For the past month or so he had yearned for the day when the two would return from Europe. And now that it was finally here, Ren wasn't going to waste the opportunity. He laced his fingers into Lia's and bent down to whisper in her ear, "Take a walk with me? I have have to tell you something,". His voice sent shivers down her spine. She nodded and gave a sheepish excused herself. The two of them left leaving the three other boys alone in the tea room.

"Dude, how are you here?," Kavin asked Vincent with a dumbfounded expression.

"I seriously don't know how you were the valedictorian," Vinny muttered, patting Kavin on the back out of pity.

Ren's jacket was draped over Lia's shoulders as they walked in a comfortable silence through Kavin's garden in the backyard. She let out a squeal when she spotted a huge section of hydrangeas and rushed towards the flowers. Ren let out a chuckle and followed behind her.

Lia was too engrossed in smelling the aroma of the hydrangeas to notice that Ren had broken one of the flowers off of a bush. Lightly, he tapped her back. When she turned around she was greeted by the flower.

"I'm positive now."

Her eyebrows furrowed as she stared back at him in confusion, "positive? of what."

"My feeling for you — they don't just exist on a whim, I actually like you... a lot," he stated, presenting her the flower. Ren continued, "I would gladly give up my family to stay by you for just a minute. I promise I will hold your wine glasses at parties whenever you get tired and I will trade shoes with you whenever your feet hurt, even if you're wearing ridiculously tall heels. I promise you I will be by your side no matter what happens. I will gladly go with you on every shopping trip you have and sit i the stuffy chairs for an ungodly amount of hours if it means I can spend my time with you. So by any chance Liliana Nakamura, could I be your boyfriend?"

Gently, she took the flower from his hands. She twirled the flower in her hands before looking back at him with a gigantic smile and misty eyes. She began nodding her head.

Ren couldn't wait any longer and smashed his lips into hers.

———a/n

i did it again... :]

if you follow me you already know about this (so follow me if you want to be the first to know about any fanfics I write!!!)

check out my new story! I will be updating this one at least once a week (and then daily after Paradise)

cat pic of the day: