thirty two

chapter thirty two:

"I will toss you off a bridge"
———

A passing car blared it's car horn loudly. Kavin could not believe what Thyme asked him to do this time. Sure, he was loyal to his friend and would do anything for him but he couldn't help but be pissed off that he was asked to go to the flower shop in search of Gorya.

"Why does it have to be me?," he asked with a huff. Before he could back out he made up his mind and walked into the flower shop where both Gorya and Kaning worked.The first thing he saw was Kaning losing her footing and beginning to fall off of a stool. On instinct, Kavin rushed to catch her.

"Sorry," Kaning apologized still holding a large box of hydrangeas.

"You carry things too heavy for your size."

"Thank you."

Kavin playfully smiled, "Of course, after all, you are my girlfriend," he said teasing the girl. She became flustered and dropped the box in her hands. The two of them bent over to pick up the flowers, "What girlfriend?," she exclaimed.

"When we saw your ex last time at the mall, don't you remember?," he dramatically placed his hand on his heart, "my heart is broken. I'm so sad,".

"Stop it Kavin! No more teasing me," Kaning responded with a grin, "Uncle Ga bought all of these flowers in hopes of making garlands to sell here," she said pointing to the flowers on the floor.

"It's not easy maki beautiful garlands, want me to teach you?"

Kaning's eyes practically sparkled. She was currently having a dilemma over the very fact that she didn't know how to make garlands and Kavin's proposal seemed like a perfect idea, "could you?"

"Sure... You aren't playing around and pretending like you don't know how to make them, right?"

Confusion was evident in Kaning's face over Kavin's statement. He quickly realized that he accidentally said his thoughts out loud and dismissed them. "Anyway," he spoke, "is Gorya okay? She hasn't been around lately and Thyme has been getting cranky,".

"Gorya is around, she's just been taking more jobs. She's been having serious financial problems and her parents had to go back to their hometown. Her dad's company shut down and he lost his job. But you don't have to worry, Gorya has a lot of fight in her because of your friends mom,".

This was news to him. Kavin's eyes widened at the mention of a friends mom. He asked Kaning what exactly she was talking about with confusion laced in his voice.

There was a long silence before Kaning decided to carefully speak, "you do know... right? She went to see Gorya at her house and offered her money in exchange for her leaving Thyme alone,".

The large, wooden french doors of Roselyn's office were flung open with rage. Her eyes darted up to see her son, Thyme, enter the room with determination. "I found out the whole thing," Thyme said once he reached his mother's desk, "How could you have done that to Gorya's family?"

"I just went to negotiate," Roselyn stated as if was the most obvious thing in the world, "All I did was offer a way that could benefit both parties,".

"How could that be negotiation?," Thyme criticized, "It's a threat,". He clumsily opened a large paper envelope and pulled out various pieces of evidence. "I looked into it. Sanchai Jundee's company has to close down because two major investors pulled out. All orders from overseas disappeared. Everything can be traced back to the Parama Group.

"You've learned how to be smart," she complimented her son. Although she detested the fact that he had put so much effort in something that went against her, some part of her felt proud that he was finally using his head for once instead of just flaunting around like he used to. "But be smart in the right place. You'll be a man in a few days but you've been obsessed with this stupid puppy love. That girl will only be dead weight for the Parama Group. Start thinking about your future. You and I both know there's always someone more worthy out there."

He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration, "You're not going to fix anything, are you? Fine, I'll help her myself."

"Oh?" she said with a raised eyebrow, "How? Are you going to donate money to her? How can someone like you help anyone without using your family name?"

The aroma of freshly made Fettuccine wafted through the Nakamura residence. The entire Nakamura family sat at the large marble island in their kitchen — though Lia's parents were sitting on the stools, sipping wine whilst Liliana sat on top of the counter to get a better look at the cooking. Dinner was made from scratch by the one and only Vincent Genovese. Normally he hated cooking but when he overheard that they were going to make boxed spaghetti the Italian in him jumped out. That's how he ended up cooking fettuccine for the family whilst wearing a paper crown — Lia couldn't find a chefs hat but insisted that he needed something on his head for the atmosphere.

"If I ever catch you trying to throw a piece of pasta against the wall again I will toss you off a bridge," Vinny mumbled. Liliana audibly gasped and dramatically placed her hands on her cheeks, "That's just rude!". The two continued to banter with one another, constantly teasing each other, until the sound of the wine glass hitting the marble island stopped their conversation.

"So Vincent," Hikaru, Lia's dad, announced in a booming tone, "The month is almost over. Should I tell your family that you'll be staying a little longer?"

He completely stopped moving. Vinny had forgotten that this wasn't his home. He wished nothing more than to stay with the Nakamura's forever but he knew that he had responsibilities waiting for him back at home. Sheepishly he looked up at Mr. Nakamura after giving Lia a quick glance.

"I'm not so sure yet. Could I let you know in the morning?"

——— a/n
I'm not mentally prepared for Saturday ;-;

Also I cannot remember what Lias moms name is (or if i even gave her one).... this is upsetting.