twenty nine

chapter twenty nine:

Macaroons
———

"I'm not doing it"

"Please Lia it's just a one time thing I swear!"

Kavin and Liliana were standing in an empty classroom to discuss the favor that he had asked her. The commotion of students rushing to class was faintly heard in the background. Both of them sat side by side on the floor to block the doors. Their phones were constantly lighting up with text messages from their friends trying to figure out where they slipped off too.

"I'm not doing it Kavin," Lia firmly stated.

Kavin had been begging her to accept his favor for the past five minutes or so, "Please please please! I just need to to pretend to be my girlfriend once to get this girl to stop bothering me!! I've tried everything to get her to stay away but she keeps showing up like some stalker!,". He attempted to convince her further by explaining that one of his childhood friends used to do it all the time. Lia let out a sigh before contemplating her decision until she ultimately nodded in agreement, "just this once, okay?"

"Yess!," Kavin yells in excitement, "I'll see you after-school then,". He got up and rushed out of the classroom leaving behind a dumbfounded Lia.

"What did I just get myself into?"

Gorya was running late. The school day just ended and she promised her parents she would be home right away but got coerced by Lia to check out a dessert cafe nearby.

"Sorry for not telling you I'd be home late," she said entering her home. She was greeted by her family sitting around the table in the living room and Thymes mother sitting right across from her.

Gorya's father sense the uneasiness and spoke up but was ultimately interrupted, "Ms. Roselyn this is my daughter—,"

"I know who she is,".

His gleeful expression wavered as he turned to his daughter, "Gorya, this is Ms. Roselyn,".

"I know who she is, Dad," Gorya said in the same tone as Roselyn, "what brings you here?"

It was silent for a while. Roselyn looked at the surroundings of the home. There was no doubt that Gorya's family was in need of money. "How can you live like this?" Roselyn questioned rhetorically, "The house is so small and it smells so stale and moldy, don't you feel uncom—,". Gorya interrupted her speech, "I think you should just get to the point. What is it you want?,".

"You must want a better life, right? That's why you're trying to land my son. I do want my son to stop associating himself with this sort of thing, especially after I've just recently set my eyes on someone better to be his life partner. So I'm here to ask you briefly, how much would it take for you to leave my son alone?,". Roselyn extended her hand out and a bodyguard handed her a blank check and a pen. She began to fill everything out except the payment.

"Is this the way it works for your family? You solve every problem with money," Gorya stated.

"One million, if you accept the money will be in your account tomorrow,".

"Let me set things right here," Gorya's voice remained calm and collected, "I've never wanted to land Thyme. We're not a couple, but no matter what, money can't buy a relationship."

Roselyn sent her a questioning glare. It looked as if she was a serpent preparing to hunt and kill its prey. "Five million?"

"It's not about how much money!"

"Really?" Roselyn asked with a chuckle, "This kind of money is worth more than this house. Ego alone doesn't make your stomach full,".

"I don't think we're going anywhere with this conversation!"

"Fifteen million, that's enough to buy a nice new place".

Gorya's mother was beginning to feel nauseous. The scene in front of here was unimaginable to her. It felt like something out of a movie. She wasn't sure what to do and decided to follow her instincts: she slammed her hands on the table, startling everyone in the room. "Enough!," she yelled turning to Roselyn, "What's your problem? All of a sudden, you come into my house and throw money at my daughter like she can be bought. You think others are lowly and you're an angel from high above that's why you can't see people as equals?"

"Between the two of us is there any part that's equal?"

The front door of the shabby house swung open with a bang. Everyone turned to look at the intruder in a hasty manner.

Vincent was stood at the entrance of Gorya's home with a lazy smile slapped onto his face. The hood of his black hoodie was worn over his head which ended up covering a large portion of his face. When he noticed the confusion from the people in the room he took his hood down and ran his hand through his hair in an attempt to fix it. He held out a paper bag that was filled with macaroons. Gorya instantly recognized it as the macaroons that Lia had offered her earlier that day that she had declined.

"I believe these are yours?" Vinny said, holding eye contact with Gorya, "It would be rude if you also rejected them from me, don't you think?".

———a/n

Can you tell that I'm filling in time because I don't know how to work around the plot for this part??? :D...