thirty four

chapter thirty four:

Mi Flor — (spanish for my flower)
———

"I want you to marry Thyme."

Liliana Nakamura was typically a girl who was respectful to others. Her etiquette was top tier and was praised by hundreds — if not thousands — of people in high society all over the world. Apparently, all of her grace went out the window because she laughed at Roselyn Parama's serious statement. The sounds of her cackles ticked off the elder. Roselyn hated it when others mocked or doubted her. But what could she possibly do in this current situation? She lacked the wealth, resources, and connections that she would need to go up against the Nakamura family. All she could do was take the ridicule that Lia sent her way.

"With all due respect, this isn't the 17th century anymore. I have absolutely no need to be forced into a marriage — especially when that person loves another."

Roselyn's lip curled in disgust as she recalled the unfortunate girl, Gorya, that her son seemed to be infatuated with. How could he possibly find a girl of such low standing attractive? It was absolutely absurd and unforgivable! That girl had no right to stand next to her son. She would become his downfall. Roselyn wouldn't let that happen. She spent far too much time and energy to make her family reign over the real estate industry in Thailand for a single girl to come and ruin all her hard work.

"Please don't ever speak to my family again about such indecent and uncivilized manners. Actually, please do not contact us again unless it is strictly on business terms and absolutely nothing to do with my personal life. Have a good day," Lia stated in a cold tone as she turned around to leave the office. Roselyn panicked. Typically she was able to remain calm during any negotiations but she needed the marriage to further her family's power. So she did something she never did: she let her emotions get the better of her.

"Liliana you should understand why I'm doing all of this! You understand how the business world works, if you and Thyme were to marry then it would result in massive profits for both sides! Don't you want Thyme to be with you instead of Gorya? The proposal offer is still on the table," exclaimed Roselyn. Lia tilted her head slightly to the left before reaching over for the collar of Ren's shirt. She quickly pulled him down to eye level and planted a sloppy kiss on his lips. Ren didn't even have enough time to react before Lia abruptly pushed him away, "that," she stated, "is what I think about your offer".

Roselyn was left in a fit of fury as Lia grabbed Ren's hand and dragged him out of the house. Vinny followed closely behind. He wasn't quite sure how to feel about what just occurred inside of that office. Ren didn't either. But then again, it wasn't that strange for them to be lost.

"Can someone tell me what just happened?" Vinny asked once they reached their cars.

"Not a clue," Ren muttered, "not a clue."

The Nakamura estate was a place filled with love but, occasionally whenever Lia got after all of the workers went to bed and her parents weren't home, the Nakamura estate felt melancholic. Aside from the simple greetings she exchanged with the security outside, there wasn't a single noise in the large building. Tonight was one of the nights that her home made her feel uneasy. Sure, she recent had the void filled by Vincent but today she asked him to go back to Thymes house with Ren and apologize for their sudden exits. She would have gone as well but she desperately needed to speak with her parents. Although, she wasn't sure they were even home.

Lia pulled out her phone from her purse and called her father. After ringing three times, he answered her, "Hello? Are you home yet Lia?." She responded with a soft yes.

"Your mother and I are on the upper-back balcony, would you join us?"

The sound of the call ending rang in her ears. She slowly made her way up the stairs, her heels clicking on the marble stairs echoed throughout the entire entryway. Silently, she made her way up to the back balcony as her eyes began to adjust to the darkness of her home. She carefully opened the glass door and was greeted by the cold, night breeze. As she approached her parents they opened their arms to embrace her. She found warmth in their hugs and wished they lasted just a bit longer.

"Why are we out here?," Lia asked after their small talk ceased.

"Your mother and I have to go to Europe for a bit. The European branch of our company is struggling to keep up with other competitors," her father grumbled.

Her mother let out an airy laugh as she calmed her husband down, "Your father is trying to ask whether you would like to go with us to Europe. Vincent already told us earlier that he plans on returning to Italy for a bit, what do you say, mi flor?"

"I'll think about it."

———a/n

short update but I think that was a good enough place to end it. I still haven't watched the final episode •-•