thirty seven

chapter thirty seven:

"this isn't the 17th century anymore"
———

"What an idiot," Lia stated after witnessing Thyme escaping with Lalita instead of Gorya. The group nodded in agreement. Kavin and MJ especially agreed and face palmed at the actions of their friend.

Gorya, on the other hand, was a bit unsettled. She was constantly overhearing Roselyn talk about how Lita was the perfect girl for Thyme. Apparently, Lita was exactly the type of girl that he liked. Suddenly, she felt a jacket being placed over her shoulders. Gorya looked down at the greyish-green coat before looking back up to the owner. "Don't worry. Thyme may be stupid but he's not an asshole," Vinny reassured her.

"Many people will see this as an arranged marriage, how would you respond to these allegations?," a reporter asked Roselyn. She responded with a picture-ready smile, "Of course it isn't! This isn't the 17th century anymore. We adults have jon part in their... affairs. The wedding? It's all up to them. He's about to graduate, or they can wait until they finish university and take it from there,".

Lia slightly scoffed at Roselyn's façade. How dare that woman use the words Lia used to benefit her sick schemes? It was absolutely preposterous. As she lifted up her glass of champagne in hopes of getting tipsy enough to forget the night, Ren reached over and grabbed her hand.

"Lia... we still haven't finished our conversation," he whispered. Then, Lia chugged the rest of her champagne and mentally prepared herself for the awful conversation she was about to have with the boy that was in love with her.

"Have you seen a strange girl running this way?"

"She went over there," Gorya exclaimed, pointing to a random direction. As soon as she saw the two school administrators fade into the distance she opened the door for the classroom behind her. Lalita was on her knees, peering over the window inside of the classroom. "Thanks for your help," Lita said. Gorya sat next to her on the floor, "No problem,".

"But actually," Gorya continued, "You didn't have to sneak in. You could've just told them you were Thyme's fiancé,". Lita shook her head, "No way! It's going to be a million times more complicated. Plus, I'm not here for Thyme," she scooted closer to Gorya, "I'm here to see you,". Gorya began blinking rapidly in confusion. She barley spoke a word to Lita yet somehow she was there to see her?

"Last night I ruined your dress. I couldn't find the exact same one but," she picked up the Saint Laurent shopping bag, "I got this instead,".

"I can't accept this!"

"Please take it," Lita said practically shoving the bag into Gorya's hands, "You know, this is a rare item. Please take it!"

After a couple of minutes of protesting, Gorya accepted defeat. The two girls sat in silence on the floor of the classroom. Eventually, the silence was interrupted by one of them speaking, "By the way I'm Lita,". "I'm Gorya."

"Glad to meet you!," Lita checked the clock and let out a small gasp, "I have to go now, I have an event with that jerk,". Lita stood up from the floor and made her way to the door. As she opened it she looked back at the other girl, "Bye!". This received a nod from Gorya which Lita felt content with.

Minutes after the girl left Gorya stayed sitting in the empty classroom. She stared at the designer shopping bag in her lap and couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy.

Billionaire Pakron has died.

Normally the news of someone dying brings about sorrow and grief to a family. The death of Pakron only brought about greediness. If you asked anyone on the street about the news they wouldn't feel any attachment to his death. However, if you asked someone in high society or in the business world, they would tell you it was tragic with a sense of selfishness laced in their tone.

In typical fashion, the Nakamura family was the last to arrive to Pakron's funeral. Liliana entered the funeral first holding onto Vincent's arm, both wore solemn expressions. A couple of the other attendees gasped when they noticed that Hikaru and Sophia Nakamura — Lia's parents — had attended the funeral. It was extremely difficult to have either of them show up to any event. Lia could feel the stares of greed from the others.

She wasn't an idiot. Although a funeral was a place to grieve, Pakron's funeral was a place to network. She knew damn well that her family was being targeted by everyone. If you were able to become acquaintances with any of the Nakamura's in a business sense, then your career was set for a hundred lifetimes.

Ren, Kavin, and MJ tried to wave Lia and Vinny over but we're unsuccessful. In fact, Lia did make eye contact with them but instead of giving them a playful smile or a friendly wave like usual, Liliana gave them a polite nod and proceeded to whisper into Vincent's ear.

Today her role wasn't Lia: friend of F4, Lalita, and Gorya. Her role was Liliana Nakamura: the girl that everyone one envied, someone perfectly trained to be in the limelight, and the sole heir to the entire Nakamura fortune of $134 Billion dollars and counting.

Even amongst the richest people in Thailand, Liliana was on a completely different level than any other person in that room.

——— a/n

I just wanted to thank you all for reading this book it genuinely means so much to me. And somehow you guys have managed to keep this book at the number one spot for #f4 #f4thailand AND #boysoverflowers for over a week???? My ego is way too inflated rn so please respond to this with things you don't like about this story before I start crying >:(

This is from March 17th:

and then this one is from today (April 14th):

...and then this one is from today (April 14th):

That's literally insane! thank you thank you thank you!!!!! :')