Alternate 41

—

We had all began to run down a small alleyway that Mijin had found before running back onto a small road. Wujin, Daesu and Suhyeok were falling behind when the sudden sound of clattering caused me to stop and look back.

All three had fallen to the floor as the rest of us ran to where they were.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I grabbed a hold of Wujin's hand.

"Take Daesu and go." Hari suggested as I managed to pull Wujin up from the floor.

"Forget it." Daesu exclaimed as he and Wujin walked over and grabbed a hold of some weapons from one of the shops.

"What are you doing?" Suhyeok questioned as we turned back to look at the injured boy.

"I said forget it." Daesu announced as we all walked over and grabbed whatever weapon we could find to protect ourselves.

Wujin suddenly grabbed onto my arm and pulled me into a tight hug. I quickly reciprocated as my arms immediately wrapped around his waist.

"Fuck. I feel this may be the end." I could hear Mijin curse as I gently released from the hug whilst looking up at Wujin with a small smile before turning around and walking back to the group whilst dragging Wujin along.

"Stay behind me." Wujin demanded as he stepped in front of both me and Hari but was immediately pushed away by the both of us.

"Don't be like this. Stay back." Hari retorted as Wujin was now behind both of us.

The hoard of zombies were quick to come into sight as the sound of growling quickly followed. More began to appear as we all ran up to them, knocking down as many as we could with the makeshift weapons we had discovered.

I had managed to knock down a couple before turning to my right and seeing Daesu being tackled by one.

"Daesu!" I shouted as I quickly ran over. I threw a couple of hits at the back of it's head with my shovel when it suddenly turned and tackled me over. I had managed to use the wooden stick to keep it away from my face but a sudden pain in my hand caused to falter.

Daesu had managed to strip the zombie off me and slam it into a wall. I remained sat on the floor, staring at my, now, bloody hand.

"Jihye!" I heard Wujin shout as he made a sudden appearance next to me. I turned to him slowly, fear evident on my face as he just stared at my hand, shocked.

"Wujin. I don't want to die." I stated as tears began to flow out of my eyes. Wujin quickly pulled me into a hug as I could see Daesu walk over to us.

"Jihye." I heard Daesu whisper as he must have seen the large bite mark on my hand. Wujin remained hugging me as I gently pushed him off whilst backing away.

"Jihye? What are you doing?" Wujin questioned as I quickly got up from the floor and began to walk backwards.

"I'm sorry." I spoke as I turned around, tears continuing to flow down from my eyes, before beginning to walk forward. "Until we meet again, my love." I could hear Wujins cries from behind me before I began to run down small alleyways, my sobs growing louder before I sat down, my back leaning against a wall.

I continued to stare at my bloody hand as I waited to turn. I could still hear the screams of the others as I could feel my senses begin to heighten. Smells began to enter my nose as I could now catch onto any approaching zombies.

I had waited a little longer and yet the only thing that had occurred was the slight twitching of my head. I slowly got back up and began to walk around the streets. Smoke was still thick in the air as I could suddenly smell someone coming near.

I quickly hid behind a wall whilst sticking my head out, hoping to catch a glimpse of whoever was coming.

"Namra?" I questioned as I stepped out from my hiding position. The girl was quite literally a mess, blood covered her entire face as tears ran down her face with sobs following as she quickly looked up at me.

"Jihye? I thought you turned." Namra stated as her sobs became muffled.

"Yeah. Me too." I joked as I walked over to the girl before pulling her into a hug. "What happened to you?"

"I... I can't do this. I nearly bit Onjo." Namra explained as her cries continued.

"Hey. It's okay. You managed to stop yourself." I comforted, sighing lightly before remembering something. "Is Wujin okay."

"Last time I saw him, he was alive." Namra confirmed, causing me to let out a sigh of relief before pulling away from the girl.

"Let's get out of here." I announced as she quickly nodded and we both started walking into the large cloud of smoke, hoping to find somewhere safe.

—