21

—

It was almost as if time froze, the sound of the big clash rang through my ears and it seemed the same for everyone as we all slowly turned our heads to face the zombie.

My heart immediately stopped for a few seconds after seeing that said zombie had stopped banging its head on the corner of the wall. Fear overtaking my body as I saw the flesh eating monster turn to face all of us.

"Run!" I heard, what sounded like, Suhyeok shout from behind as immediately felt myself being dragged down the hallway at a rapid pace by Wujin, my legs finding it hard to keep up with the boy as the others also surround us. Panting, grunts and snarls all echoed throughout the hallway.

Soon enough we had managed to reach the stairs unharmed as we began to ascend up them. Along the way we had passed a zombie that had seemingly got itself stuck in the bars.

The sound of our pants surrounded us aI could hear a few people trip from behind me. The sound of our shoes creating friction on the floor as our footsteps echoed throughout the stairway.

We had finally made it two floors up before we began to shoot down the hallway, small smiles on our faces as we realised that our plan had worked and that we were able to escape down the hallway without being attacked by any zombie.

As Daesu had reached the door he immediately forced it open causing a loud band to echo down the hallway before running in, instantly being followed by all of us.

I watched as Daesu immediately walked over to Cheongsan and hugged the missing boy but, unfortunately for him, he was immediately pushed off as the boy ran towards Onjo, completely ignoring everyone else.

"Onjo!" Cheongsan shouted whilst Daesu fell to the floor, the boy running to said girl.

Whilst the two had a mini reunion, me and Wujin were both sat on the floor, panting in exhaustion as we tried to catch our breathes, our hands still connected whilst releasing a few sighs of relief.

"That was exhausting." I could hear him exclaim, causing me to chuckle a little.

"We only ran for, like, 3 minutes." I spoke, turning to look at him whilst he continued to look forward.

"Yeah. Three minutes too long!"

"How did you know I was here." Cheongsan questioned, returning back to his original position as he did so but he was soon to be knocked down by Onjo's powerful kick. He let out a small grunt at the sudden pain in the back of his leg.

"I told you not to go." Onjo stated, her expression was stone cold.

Daesu was soon to walk over to Cheongsan, pulling the boy up whilst he spoke, "Hey. Save the lover's quarrel for later."

"Let's go." Wujin spoke up, grabbing my hand as he stood up from his seat.

"Where?" Cheongsan questioned, looking at us confused.

"We have to get to the rooftop. Before the music ends." Joonyeong replied, standing up whilst doing so.

"Let's go. Hurry." Daesu said as everyone rose from their positions on the floor.

"Wait." I spoke, looking around the room at everyone as they turned to me, "where's Namra? And Suhyeok? Where are they?"

Onjo was soon to run out of the door, soon being followed behind by all of us as Wujin and my hands were intertwined.

Suddenly everyone at the front came to a stop causing us at the back to crash into each other, groans of annoyance left our lips as we all backed away from each other, rubbing the body part that got hit, gently.

"Go in! Go inside!" The sound of distant shouting echoed across the hallway as we all quickly turned direction, heading straight back into the room as we could see the zombies charging at us.

A few of us immediately ran to the large red curtains, dragging them sideways as we quickly covered the window.

I turned around to see Namra about to walk over to the corner of the room when Cheongsan was quick to stop her.

"There's a zombie. It's caught under the piano, so it can't move." The boy explained, the sound of quiet snarls came from the window.

I watched as Namra soon diverted from the direction, walking towards the direction of a desk, pulling out a chair s she immediately sat.

"You okay?" I could hear Wujin whisper causing me to immediately turn to face him as I nodded lightly.

"We can't make it.. to the rooftop, can we?" Hyoryeong questioned, her small pants of exhaustion causing her to pause a little as she spoke. "We're trapped again, aren't we?"

"There are zombies outside, so..." Suhyeok responded, pausing a little as hope was slowly drained out of the room. "Let's think a little."

The room soon turned silent as the occasional mumble of annoyance could be heard. Me and Wujin were sat next to each other, leaning against a desk whilst our hands were still holding onto each other, I could feel his thumb lightly rubbing against my hand.

"Hey. Hey prez." Hyoryeong spoke whilst standing up, grabbing the attention of everyone as her eyes were only stuck on the class president. "Were you bit? That's a bite mark, right?"

After hearing the accusations, everyone immediately backed away from the class president, fearful.

Wujin had pulled me behind him whilst backing away, spreading his arms out as he did so causing me to have to peak above his shoulder to see Namra.

Cheongsan quickly ran over to our direction, pushing us out the way before he grabbed a music stand from the floor. Just as Cheongsan was about to walk over to the class president, Suhyeok stepped in.

"No. It's not what it looks like." He stated, walking in front of Namra in a protective manner.

"Move. Step back." I could hear Cheongsan demand, hatred now laced in his voice.

"I'm telling you it's not." Suhyeok responded, I could see him turn to face Namra before he continued, "Tell him. You weren't bitten by a zombie." Everyone remained silent as we waited for the class president's response. "Why won't you say anything?" Suhyeok questioned the girl before turning to look at us. "It wasn't a zombie. Gwinam bit her."

"Who?" Cheongsan questioned, still remaining in his position as he was ready to hit Namra with the stand.

"Gwinam. The bully."

"Yoon Gwinam?" The boy continued to question, making everyone unsure as to where this conversation was going. "Namra. Were you really bitten by Gwinam?"

Namra still remained silent, I could see her looking down at the ground as Cheongsan continued to try and get an answer out of her.

"It's true." Suhyeok confirmed for the girl, he stood confidently as he spoke. Everyone remained silent as we waited to hear what Cheongsan would say next, however, we definitely weren't expecting to hear what he said.

"Gwinam was bitten by zombies."

—