31

—

The repetitive gust of wind sent of our way caused all of us to be pushed back away from the edge whilst a rush of dust entered my eyes, causing me to be partially blinded.

Soldiers quickly jumped onto the roof as we all approached them, happiness gleaming in our eyes but was quickly halted as guns were pointed in our direction.

Two more soldiers jumped down before the helicopter flew away. Cheongsan quickly approached the soldiers but immediately halted as another gun was pointed at us.

"Get down. All of you." The soldier demanded as most of us had our hands raised to show that we were harmless.

"Sir. Can you help us?" Daesu tried to reason.

"Face down on the ground! Get down!" The soldier shouted as Daesu quickly obliged, followed by the rest of us as Wujin helped me get down on the floor.

Once we had all sunk to the floor two of the soldiers began checking, what I assumed was, our temperatures, immediately shouting clear was confirmed that we were not zombies. Once they had finished going through everyone, they walked back to the front.

"We'll rescue after the mission's complete. Over." One spoke, sending a message through what looked to be a mic inside of his helmet.

"They're going to rescue us. We're going to be okay." Wujin confirmed whilst turning to face me on the floor, his hand was intertwined with mine as I quickly sent a smile in return.

"You can get up now." Another soldier established as evryone slowly stood up from their position. Wujin had began to help me stand up as Hyoryeong also helped, grabbing onto my left arm as I quickly thanked her. "Are you the only survivors?"

"We don't really know. There are probably others." Cheongsan spoke up first, I could see one of the soldiers looking in my direction, most likely due to the large graze on my body.

"We're going down for a few minutes. Wait right here." One soldier spoke calmly, I could still see one of the others looking at me.

"Aren't you not gonna rescue us?" Jimin question, walking forwards as she did so.

"Yes, we will. So don't go anywhere. Don't do anything. Just wait here. Understand?"

We all let out small mumbles of agreement as we watched the soldiers approach the side of the building, tying some hooks onto the floor before chucking down some pieces of rope. Suddenly the helicopter had approached the side of the school, shining it's light into one of the classrooms.

Two of the soldiers quickly jumped down the side of the building. I could hear the sudden sound of glass smashing and then snarls and growls grow louder before gunshots rang through the air, making me jump slightly.

We all watched in horror as gunshots continued to occur before suddenly it went quiet. Soon enough, the three soldiers jumped back onto the roof, the helicopter then flew to above us as the soldiers took harnesses out of their bag.

"We'll pull you up one by one. Stay still even if you're scared. " The soldier announced as we all crowded around him.

"You're not landing the chopper?" Jimin questioned, having to shout to be heard over the large sound of the helicopter.

"We can't. It can get unstable. He's gonna pull you up so don't worry." The soldier shouted as we all turned to look at the soldier now being pulled up to the chopper. "You can't go all at once, so let's go one by one."

"We can't all go?" Cheongsan questioned.

"We can take all of you, but it has to be one by one." The soldier explained.

"Jimin, you go first." Onjo explained as we all agreed and gently pushed her forward. Smiles rested on our faces as we watched a harness be put on the girl before she was pulled up.

Hyoryeong was next as she looked at me, smiling gently before I pushed her forward lightly as she quickly had a harness wrapped around her.

"Cancel the operation. We'll just take the package and pull out!" I heard a soldier shout when suddenly Jimin started coming back down. We all shouted at the soldiers in disbelief before I turned to see a soldier taking the harness off of Hyoryeong.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I shouted at them when suddenly, the girl was pushed towards us, causing me to nearly fall over as I caught her, pain shooting through my body as I did so.

Soon, Jimin had arrived back on the ground as the soldiers practically teared the harness off her before launching her towards us. We all began to approach them when they suddenly held their guns up at us.

We all began shouting at them trying to convince them to let us go with them.

"W-Wait, what's wrong? We're completely fine. We're not zombies" Joonyeong tried to reason with the soldiers but they never stood down.

"Please just take me with you!" Jimin shouted as a soldier was then pulled up to the helicopter, leaving just two holding their guns at us.

"Stand back!" They demanded whilst charging at us a little, causing us to clamour backwards.

"Hey! Why can't we go with you? We're not zombies!" I tried to reason with them but they remained still , standing their ground. One of the soldiers had already hooked themself to a rope and was now being pulled up.

"Wait a minute. You can't even take a few of us with you?" Cheongsan asked, I could see him holding onto Onjo's hand.

Sudden gunshot caused us all to back away whilst screaming, unsure on whether they were shooting at us. Wujin quickly grabbed a hold of me as I nearly feel to the floor, covering my ears as gunshots continued to ring through the air.

"Are you just going to leave us? Is this what you did with my father? Did you just leave him there?" I screamed, anger seething through my veins as the soldier now backed away to the last rope, still positioning the gun so it faced us.

"Rescue us. Please." Cheongsan begged as the soldier continued to back away until he was right next to the rope.

"I'm sorry." What he said was barely audible due to the helicopter but I could still catch onto it. We all watched in horror as he hooked himself onto the rope and was quickly pulled up, leaving us standing there.

The helicopter quickly began to fly away as we were still left there, all the hope was now drained from us as we watched the chopper fly into the night.

—