24

Is anyone else heartbroken by twenty five twenty one's ending?

- Lexi

Eventually we had managed to find a screw that Daesu had immediately snatched out of Joonyeongs hands. Only groans of annoyance came out of him as it seemed there was no way of getting in.

"Should we know it down?" I could hear Wujin question and almost immediately after Daesu started smashing his arm on the door. He soon got up and started ramming his body into it as curses began to leave his mouth.

"Hey. Take it easy." I heard Joonyeong demand. As I turned to look at him I saw him looking out of the window, his body shaking a bit in panic.

Daesu, however, continued to smash whatever body part he could into the door.

"Hey. Keep it down! You gotta be quiet." Joonyeong demanded again, I could see him holding the door from collapsing as I also ran over to help.

"Hey. Hey, stop doing that." I could hear Hyoryeong join in as I had soon arrived at the door, pushing my body against it as I could feel it shaking slightly.

Eventually the banging had stopped and I turned to see Daesu leaning his back against the door, sweat spread across his forehead.

"It won't work." I heard Wujin say, disappointment evident in his voice before he quietly continued. "What a waste of energy."

As it seemed that the zombies had calmed down a little, me and Joonyeong returned to our original seats as I felt Wujin put an arm around my shoulder, pulling me in for a hug as I closed my eyes from exhaustion.

Suddenly, the sound of dramatic music echoed through the room causing me to open my eyes in the direction of the sound, only to be met with Jimin sat on the edge of a table.

"Please, no music." Hyoryeong requested as Jimin was soon to oblige by closing the camera down.

The room now remained silent as I began to feel droopy, my eyes feeling heavy as I continued to lean onto Wujin as his arm was still wrapped around me. I could feel him gently resting his head on top of mine.

"My mom and dad.." I could hear Jimin suddenly speak up, causing me to immediately look in her direction as she held the camera so it was pointing towards her face, "They came to the school to save me. The police and firefighters never came. If anybody is watching this after, punish them. All involved. They abandoned us. All of them. I'll make you pay."

I continued to watch as Jimin paused for a little, her free hand being brought to her face as she wiped, what must have been, tears off before continuing. "Hi, mom. Hi, dad. I'll stay alive at get revenge. I'll kill all the zombies.. and anyone else."

Jimin then brought the camera away from her face, falling onto her lap as her sobs echoed throughout the room. The sound of the camera beeping was then heard before Jimin placed it on the table beside her.

I released a small sigh as I felt Wujin rubbing his hand up and down my arm, trying to comfort me.

Hyoryeong suddenly got up and walked over to the table beside Jimin, grabbing ahold of the camera before sitting herself back down.

"Mom. And dad. Hello." She spoke whilst waving her hand, almost immediately after she positioned the camera in front of her face, I could see her eyes begin to fill with tears before she continued, "I'm here with some of my classmates and they're really good to me.. Let me just show you. This is them."

Hyoryeong proceeded to position the camera in our direction as we all bowed down, I could see Cheongsan also throw up some peace signs that caused me to smile a bit before the camera was brought back to facing Hyoryeong.

"Uh.. Um.." I could hear her voice shake a little as her lips began to tremble. "Mom, Dad.. I miss you. I miss you both. And um.. I'm so sorry." Hyoryeong then lowered the camera from her face as she began to sob lightly, I could see tears begin to flow from her eyes.

"Um, give it to me." Wujin spoke with his hand out in the direction of the girl as she quickly leaned over to give it to him.

I watched as he held it above his head but pointing down at him as he began to speak, "Hey, mom. I want a raise in allowance."

He then handed it over to Daesu as the boy questioned. "Is it ready?"

"Yes." Wujin confirmed as Daesu then positioned the camera so it was now pointing up at him before clearing his throat.

"Music and lyrics by intergalactic superstar Yang Daesu. Beat." Daesu demanded, and right away Joonyeong started tapping his foot on the floor as Daesu began to sing.

"Chicken tastes better fried in olive oil,
Pork tastes better than soy meat,
Strawberry cake tastes better than plain strawberries,
What makes me laugh, laugh, laugh,
is trans fat."

The camera was then handed to Joonyeong as the boy then began to explain on how he was planning on getting into one of the top schools in the country before he soon passed the camera to me.

I held the camera up in the a similar position that Hyoryeong held it before I began. "Hi Mom. Uhm.. I really miss your cooking, and our trips we had with you, me and Jiwoo." My voice began to shake a little, as my vision became slightly blurry due to the tears that were filling my eyes. "Mom. Jiwoo.. Jiwoo died. I couldn't stop her.. It just.. I couldn't help her when she needed me. Mom. I'm sorry."

Once I had finished I lowered the camera down from my face, the tears finally began to fall down from my eyes as I then held it out in my hand to Cheongsan as he quickly grabbed hold of it. I felt Wujin's grip tighten on my shoulder as he pulled me in for a hug. The world seemed to disappear around us as I continued to cry in his arms.

I could hear the others filming themselves and a few small conversations that were occurring afterwards but the mood had still remained to be quite sad as we all continued to think about our loved ones.

—