15

—

Everyone remained silent, unsure of what to do in this situation, only the sound of Daesu's cries could be heard as both me and Wujin tried to comfort him, patting his back lightly as he wiped away his tears with some tissues.

"Fuck!" Cheongsan shouted, puching one of the lockers that were conveniently placed next to him.

Suddenly a bright light shone into the room causing me to squint my eyes slightly as I looked out, trying to find where the light was coming from but was once again met with the blinding light.

Soon enough the light had disappeared as the sound of helicopters echoed through the room as Cheongsan walked to the window to see what was going on. Though, we all knew there was no chance of them seeing us so we all remained in our positions.

It was a little while later and night had finally set in. Me and Wujin were now sat in silence side by side as Wujin continued to pat his friend on the shoulder, trying to comfort him.

Suddenly, another light shot through the classroom however this time, nobody moved, already getting used to the continuous bright light.

"How long do you think they're gonna keep doing that?" I questioned, intertwining mine and Wujin's hands as he looked up at me surprised by my sudden action.

"Uh.. I.." He stuttered in nervousness causing me to look at him in confusion, noticing the slight tint of blush that cascaded across his face.

"What?" I questioned looking innocently up at him.

"Oh.. uh.. nothing." Wujin responded as he looked over to the table on the opposite side of the room, "Let's go sit over there. It's less crowded."

He soon pulled me up by my hand before we both walked to the table, immediately sitting comfortably as I leaned slightly onto Wujin.

"I didn't hear anything." Cheongsan finally spoke up up after a few minutes of silence, grabbing the attention of everyone in the room. "I couldn't hear anything."

"Like what?" Suhyeok questioned, all of us still looking at Cheongsan.

"After Nayeon went out.. and Miss Park went after her. I didn't hear anything after that." Cheongsan pointed out, his eyes not once leaving the floor as he spoke.

"You mean screaming?" Suhyeok questioned again to which Cheongsan replied with a simple nod.

"Maybe they didn't die then." Daesu concluded, a little bit of hope still left in his voice, "They wouldn't have been quiet if zombies were biting them. They must be alive." After Daesu spoke everyone in the room remained silent, wondering if the two could still be alive. "Why don't you respond. No one's responding. I'm always talking to myself."

"I think you're right." Onjo spoke up, trying to agree with the, now, sulking boy.

"Forget it." Daesu responded, fiddling with his tie as he pouted.