forty four

chapter forty four:

title
———

The next morning the group of friends, minus Kavin, were all sitting on the couch in Thyme's house. Currently, much to Gorya's embarrassment, MJ was teasing her over a photo that Ren had taken earlier that morning. It was a photo of Gorya feeding Thyme — who was laying in bed — since she had accidentally become a maid of his household after breaking a vase. Somehow the conversation switched from the photo to the amount of stress Gorya was under due to the entire situation with Thyme's mother.

"I've got a lot on my plate," Gorya stated, "This thing with Lita was left unfinished and I have to pay for a vase I broke, plus I haven't been able to go work at the flower shop. I have no clue how Kaning is doing."

"Don't worry about that!," Lia said in an attempt to comfort the other girl, "MJ and Vinny found a way to trick Kavin into working in your place at the flower shop!"

Ren stared at her with a lovesick gaze. His lips were curved upwards in the form of a smile. "Isn't she just the smartest person?," he said in a dream-like tone. Lia smiled back at him. The two of them were lovingly looking at each other which made their friends a little bit uncomfortable.

Vinny groaned at their interaction, "I think I threw up in my mouth."

"Shut up."

"Anyways," Ren continued, snapping out of the trance he was in, "Right now worry about yourself and your work, okay? Or else Auntie Yu may tell you off," he said gesturing to the main housekeeper of the Parama estate. Gorya got up suddenly after noticing that Auntie Yu was looking in her direction. She smoothed out her dress and apron. "I should get back to work," she said before following Auntie Yu out of the room.

Once Gorya was out of earshot, Ren and MJ sat next to Thyme. They were practically smothering the poor boy on the couch. "Lita hasn't picked up your calls, has she?" MJ questioned. Thyme responded with a simple nod.

"I did some research," MJ began, "after what happened, Lita hasn't left the house. She's deactivated all her social media accounts. No one can reach her. So we'll try to see if we can catch her at her home."

"I called Lita yesterday though?," Vincent said, reaching out to grab a muffin from the coffee table, "I also beat her twice at 8 ball this morning. She's pretty but she's the worst iMessage game player I've ever seen,". The three members of F4 sat there staring at him in shock. "Yeah, she's just a tiny bit mad about this whole situation," Lia said in agreement with Vinny. The boys practically pounced on top of the two best friends. Vincent ended up practically choking on the blueberry muffin but the F4 members disregarded his coughing fits. They all screamed at the two in unison:

"How did you get through to her?"

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Did you convince her to cut off the engagement?"

Lia and Vinny looked at each other before erupting in a fit of giggles. They then went on to explain — for what felt like the hundredth time — that they were actually quite close to Lalita Empicca and the entire Empicca family. "So does that mean you can convince her to meet with me," Thyme asked hopefully. Vinny shook his head, "Sorry bud, but this seems like something that you have to figure out. We may be your friends but we're also Lita's friends. If we pressured her into meeting you, that would make us assholes, wouldn't it Lia?". She nodded at Vincent's words, "plus we made a promise to each other that we wouldn't interfere with each other's love lives."

"But we could help in any other way! We just don't want any of you getting hurt... you know?"

Thyme let out a frustrated sigh. He would have to go back to square one.

———a/n

this was yesterday's chapter that i didn't upload because i suck at time management! There will be another chapter uploaded today (April 25) as well :)

here's ur fix from ur local cat pic dealer: